Another non-auth Louis Vuitton item-2nd time listed

While I would agree that this definitely looks wrong, without interior pics, I'm not sure that there's enough proof for Ebay to keep removing it.

You may also post this in the "report this LV" thread, too - maybe if you ask for more pics, you'll have the proof you need?

Seller is saying that is not authentic :wtf:

Quote from description: There is not a single woman out there who would not like this backpack.
It is brand new, I never used it. It is not authentic, but it does look like it.
It is in prestine condition.

The proof is in the pudding, my friend. Seller says it's fake. Among the items fBay prohibits for sale are counterfeit handbags. So she's breaking the rules. Isn't it interesting how fBay's indexing system doesn't pick this up, but it pulls tons of auctions for authentic bags and then makes it nearly impossible for the sellers to relist them? I would report the listing.

Hi Alfie!

OK, here's the thing: counterfeit handbags are prohibited on fBAy--whether the seller points out that it is fake or whether he/she claims it to be authentic, whether it states LV on the title or not. It is a violation of fBay "laws" (not to mention other laws, but let's not go there), which are meant to apply to all sellers equally.

From fBay's pages:

Replica, Counterfeit Items and Unauthorized Copies

Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay.

Guideline: If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.

Violations of these policies may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation
Limits on account privileges
Account suspension
Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
Loss of PowerSeller status.

Last edited:
^ :peace: Thanks alfie! I wish having guidelines/rules would automatically, somehow, make everyone comply with them. Imagine the stress and craziness that could be avoided.

i think it should be left alone, she has not even put LV in the title, and clearly states it not authentic.....JMO Alfie x

?????? :confused1:

Because it is against that-auction-site-that-shall-not-be-named's policy, that's why. Regardless of whether or not you don't think it's a big deal, it is to them. But I see it's a moot point because it has already been removed.