Gap is looking tres Marc Jacobs this season!

uhkiwi

O.G.
Sep 14, 2005
Gap has some relatively pricey and yummy looking bags this season--they even come with a super cute Gap dust bag! the printed canvas rope hobo screams MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Faridah' Hobo to me
gp405903-02vliv01.jpg

_5168442.jpg

$34.99 vs $328!

I also love the canvas lock baguette in new rose crystal for $68.00
gp418361-03vliv01.jpg

anyone see anything hot lately?

I was just going to start a thread saying the exact same thing!! Glad there are others that noticed too. I like the leather lock baguette but $160CAD for a Gap bag!!

The woman who designs accessories for the GAP used to design for Marc Jacobs - which is why they look similar!

Is the designer still Emma Hill?

------
DFR: DAILY FASHION REPORT - by lookonline.com
Coincidentally (or not), the two new designers in question (Emma Hill and Pina Ferlisi) were both ‘plucked’ from none other than Marc Jacobs, a company practically synonymous with producing must have fashion items, handbags and accessories season after season. And who is the public relations firm for Marc Jacobs? KCD, of course.

Emma Hill, 34, who had been Marc’s handbag designer, was named Vice President for Accessories at the Gap in 2002, and more recently, Pina Ferlisi, 38 the “creative talent” behind the 2000 launch of Marc by Marc Jacobs, has been brought on board to design a brand new sportswear collection for the Gap.
-----

Emma Hill
TIME: Women in Fashion: Emma Hill

Is the designer still Emma Hill?
TIME: Women in Fashion: Emma Hill

Emma Hill just joined Chloe....

(source: downtown darling)
Downtown Darling - MOVING AND SHAKING FOR MASS APPEAL
MOVING AND SHAKING FOR MASS APPEAL
Tuesday, 29 August 2006

Emma Hill has just been announced as the newest addition to Chloe where she will be in charge of accessories. Hill was recruited from Gap where she was VP of accessories since 2002. Prior to Gap, Hill was a senior designer at Marc Jacobs and even worked for short while at Liz Claiborne, Burberry and Calvin Klein.

-----
Chloe opens London store

Chloé appoints accessories consultant
Fashion house Chloé has appointed Emma Hill to be its new accessories consultant. It may not be the announcement the fashion industry has been waiting for since designer Phoebe Philo quit the company in January. Her departure left many wondering who could fill her shoes. To date her design team has been manning the fort, but with accessories an important source of revenues for the house, this appointment is significant. Hill was previously vice president of adult accessories design for Gap Inc, where she was brought on board in 2002 by the then-senior vice president for adult product development and design, Pina Ferlisi. Both left Gap last October. Prior to that, she was a senior accessories designer at Marc Jacobs, working on both Collection and Marc by Marc Jacobs accessories. She has also worked for both Liz Claiborne and Calvin Klein. “We needed to reinforce our team given the rapid growth of accessories,” Chloé chairman and chief executive Ralph Toledano commented. According to WWD, Hill will be based in London and her first accessories collection will launch in time for fall 2007. www.chloe.com
24 August 2006
-----

Emma Hill just joined Chloe....

(source: downtown darling)
Downtown Darling - MOVING AND SHAKING FOR MASS APPEAL
MOVING AND SHAKING FOR MASS APPEAL
Tuesday, 29 August 2006

Emma Hill has just been announced as the newest addition to Chloe where she will be in charge of accessories. Hill was recruited from Gap where she was VP of accessories since 2002. Prior to Gap, Hill was a senior designer at Marc Jacobs and even worked for short while at Liz Claiborne, Burberry and Calvin Klein.

Thanks for the info, bag.lover! To me, it was really obvious when Emma Hill joined Gap because their bags went from "blah" to "WOW!". And then towards the end of last year, about the time when Emma Hill left, their bags went to "blah" again. The last Gap bag I bought was in December, 2005. I didn't know that Emma Hill left but I thought that she might have. Their bags are just starting to look better again, but I think they have a long way to go before it's "WOW!" again. Just my opinion. Perhaps they've recruited another designer from Marc Jacobs?