Need help with choices!

Jul 8, 2007
I have finally decided on the leather - see the attached light grey. I love this leather because with wear it will just look even better!:P

I am debating between a Mini Sofia with Cecilia chain handles and a Mini Ormala, both with silver hardware.

The Ormala is my favorite Ignes design but I love the Cecilia chain handles.

I do have several Chanels with the chain handles...:confused1:

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated! The women on this forum and Matt have the best design ideas!

Attachments

• Grey.JPG
    Grey.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 50
It's a lovely shade of gray, great pic!! For the chain handles I would go with the Mini Sophia over the Mini Ormala. I think the MS style is more suited to a funky handle style and it would add a fun new look to the design.

Oh and I'd ask Ignacio his thoughts on it as well!

Linda

That's a hard decision, because both would be so lovely. Love this grey you've selected with silver hardware. Hmm, perhaps since you have a few Chanels with chain handles already, maybe go for the MO for some variety. Then again, that chain handle would set off a grey Sophia perfectly! OMG, I'm no help at all here!

Maybe it comes down to how you are going to use the bag. For myself, I think of the MO as more of a "work" type of bag. The Sophia can do double duty, but you won't be able to put folders, etc. in there. Have no idea if that helps!

What lining are you thinking? Lilac, maybe? Or darker?

It would be more of my daily bag. I teach college, so the most I usually carry are papers to grade. I wouldn't use the bag for that.

The Mini Ormala is my favorite design, but I just think that the Mini Sofia done this way would be so pretty!

I have a Mini Ormala and a Midi Sofia coming so that doesn't help much!

:confused1:

I may have to get both! But my dh would kill me! Have been buying way too many bags!

It would be more of my daily bag. I teach college, so the most I usually carry are papers to grade. I wouldn't use the bag for that.

The Mini Ormala is my favorite design, but I just think that the Mini Sofia done this way would be so pretty!

I have a Mini Ormala and a Midi Sofia coming so that doesn't help much!

:confused1:

I may have to get both! But my dh would kill me! Have been buying way too many bags!

Since you have both a MO and a Midi Sofia, then go for the Mini Sophia with the chain handles. That's my vote.

You can always sell both to dh by explaining what a good deal it is ($) compared to your Chanels! He'll appreciate that you're doing the family budget a favor. Yeah, that's it! :yes:

I think the Mini Sofia would be perfect for the chain handles. I think the Mini is a feminine looking bag (meaning it looks petite IRL) and the chains would compliment it. Are you thinking fabric lining instead of suede to offset the weight of the chains?

Last edited:
FYI-I'm working on an order for the Virginia with the Cecelia handles:love:. Ignacio and I haven't worked out the details b/c of the handles. He was concerned about the weight and is going to get back to me re: how much weight it would add with 4 chains on the 2 handles. I'd also considered the Sofia with the Celia handles, but decided to get them on the Virgina instead.

The chains on a Sofia would rock. And Sofia is my favorite Ignes shape, though I'm not currently planning one until I see hobo ;). I think the mini Ormala in that gorgeous leather would be incredibly classy. Or do you feel like some funk in a Sofia with chains? How do you picture wearing it? I had someone tell me this (who was it)....I kept wanting a red Tango Max and always pictured it grey when I wore it. Hmmm...so going grey. How do you "see" the bag when dreaming about it?