Stud Clutch debate

jsenning

O.G.
Jul 3, 2007
There don't seem to be (m)any threads on the stud clutch, and I was hoping to get some opinions from the gals that have one. Is large enough to carry keys, phone, and other night-out-on-the-town necessities? I had been using coach capacity wristlets but they're not big enough! What else do you like / dislike about it? Also, I hadn't realized until I looked closely, but the silver on activeendevors and the sterling on bluefly are TOTALLY different.

aed34870_silver.jpg
eqzoom.ms

I don't have a good clutch right now, and I love the silver tone and the quilted look of this one. The reduced price is mighty attractive, too.

On the other hand! I had been considering a deep red MAM because I am in need of a good everyday red satchel. I'm not completely sold on it, though. I initially wasn't attracted to the boxy shape and I'm not really sure about the clinky hardware. So should I go for one of the stud clutches (if so, which one?), or should I save up for a deep red MAM? (Do you have any suggestions for another satchel?)

TIA ladies!

I have one in night and can honestly say it is great! It fits the necessities but nothing more.. I usually carry my cell phone, keys, cc & cash (not my whole wallet) chap stick and few other random things.

As for the difference in color I believe they are totally different. I think there is a silver spot stud clutch and a sterling stud clutch.

***** PLEASE NOTE: The sterling stud clutch i not made of the same crackled sterling leather that the larger bags are made of. It is totally different but called sterling I guess b/c it is sparkly. I just wanted to give you fair warning. If I remember correctly the sterling clutch is made with very small tiny silvery beads.. I have heard that they can come off after using a bunch but this is second hand info. Again.. it is not the same "Sterling" material that the other bags are made of.

I really like the stud clutch, too! But none of the pics I've seen have convinced me. What does it look like inside? Are there any pockets? How far does the zipper go? (like, across the top or all the way around?)

I really like the stud clutch, too! But none of the pics I've seen have convinced me. What does it look like inside? Are there any pockets? How far does the zipper go? (like, across the top or all the way around?)

The zipper goes around three sides, and I found one thread with a pic of the inside (gold crackle though, I was wondering about the silver and sterling):

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/look-what-i-got-today-stud-gold-crackle-300986.html

Thanks for starting this thread! I had the same question about capacity...and just so you know, the silver spot is actually a very soft suede (I have the Silver Spot K&M). It's lovely, but something to keep in mind.

The Stud is just like Pierce Brosnan, gorgeous in pictures, but OTHERWORLDLY IN PERSON. I am especially enamored with the Black with gold studs and the Gold Crackle one.

I've been obsessing over the stud since I saw littlerock's pictures of her's. But I just bought a lex and MAC so I feel like I can't justify a 3rd clutch in such a short period of time!

When I zoomed in realllly far on the sterling, it looked like there was a metallic substance sprayed on to suede, which goes along with their description somewhat. I think I'm going to hold off and see if it goes cheaper. So gorgeous though. :sad:

Thanks for this thread. I like clutches for going out (dinner, drinks, movies, etc., when I have a social life, that is) and saw the clutch on BlueFly.

I will say that I have the RM Tryst Clutch and it will hold my phone, travel wallet, keys, and a few cosmetics comfortably (it doesn't have a zip closure). These clutches look at bit smaller than the tryst, so you really have to travel light, so to speak with these. They look small.

Also, thanks to littlerock80 for the color explanation!!!