Transition lenses for Brown Frames

Jun 18, 2008
Hello!!!
I got a very cute pair of Ralph Lauren frames today. They are brown plastics with lilac on the inside...if that makes sense. Should I get brown or gray transition lenses? I thought brown but the optician said gray.

I am thinking gray was what she had in stock.

Thanks,
Jenny

I once had some brown (wire-rim) frames that I had tinted lenses put it - brown. I took them back to be changd - brown made me look sick, and like I had circles under my eyes! If the transitions got extremely dark, I would think brown lenses would work, but unless I am wrong, they don't fget really dark, do they?

OTOH I am very pale skinned, if your are not, the brown might look great.

Thank you!!! Well, I am not super pale but I do have major blonde hair. The frames are brown with lilac and I just thought the gray would be too many colors. Now, they have transitions vi, which is supposed to be a better change....they get darker faster and lighten quicker. I bet I will look sick too!! OH well...too later because I confirmed brown transitions today.
xoxo
Jen

Thank you!!! Well, I am not super pale but I do have major blonde hair. The frames are brown with lilac and I just thought the gray would be too many colors. Now, they have transitions vi, which is supposed to be a better change....they get darker faster and lighten quicker. I bet I will look sick too!! OH well...too later because I confirmed brown transitions today.
xoxo
Jen

the optician I went to changed them out for me for free! I hope your place will do the same, if you don't like how thay look.