My first pair of Frye boots arrived - should they look like this?

lcterp

La bella vita
O.G.
May 23, 2007
So I ordered the Jane Stitch boot from Frye in Sunrise last week when WINK NYC ran their 30% off code (got them for $208). I have two concerns about the boots.

First is the color.
This is the photo on the website:
sunrise.jpg

I mainly ordered them b/c of the color (and price) b/c I loved how yellow-y/light camel they were.

However, this is the color they came.
2825127427_a31400b814.jpg

IMO they are darker, however it does say Sunrise on the box and no other color is offered on the site.

Second is the leather.
It smells and feels delicious but there are "spots" on it that I'm just not sure are supposed to be there. I know leather gets distressed but I don't know this just looks greasy or where spots of polish were rubbed in or something, thoughts, experiences?
2825966290_5376be1faa.jpg

2825964408_dfae1318b0.jpg

I am dissapointed about the color but they are still very pretty and were such a great deal as I can't afford to spend much more than $200 and really want a nice pair of boots. Any thoughts, comments, or concerns are greatly appreciated!

Oh wow... the color seems accurate to me--I've seen other sites and the shades vary. But the spots should not be there. It looks like they weren't stored/shipped correctly, and rubbed against something! I'd try and exchange it.

ETA: there are 'dirty' spots on the picture, but they certainly are not as obvious as the ones on yours. And rather inconsistent, and less even. KWIM?

Thanks everyone.

I'm sending them back, telling them I would like a pair with no spots and that I understand leather is not uniform but it should not look 'wet' or 'oily' and if they do not have any I would like a refund. Hopefully this goes smoothly and w/o hassle, I have never dealt with WINK before, hope the shipping back isn't ridiculous either

They look distressed in the picture from the website. I'm guessing that is how they are supposed to look. I see that you are returning them, hope it works out for you!

Those don't look right. The spotty nature of these dont seem like the beginning of a nice wear and tear - leather looks spotty and bruised. I would send those back. The color seems fine, but you should be able to find something else that will wear a bit better over time.

I changed my mind and just asked for a refund instead of getting another pair in bad shape. And thus the search for the perfect boot continues.

If only those Chloe's would go majorily on sale, I wouldn't have this issue.....