What are you thigh measurements?

ming286

Aug 15, 2008
Hi guys im doing a bit of a poll here.

My thighs have always been quite big compared to my body and I am something between a pear and an hourglass shape. Im an american 2 or 4 depending on the brand and UK 6 on top and 8 underneath. I have been excercising recently to try and look more hourglass like but still cant seem to get rid of the pear shape even after losing an inch here and there. People get annoyed with me complaining as I am small but I only want to lose weight from my thighs..

So here are my measurements:
bust - 32.5"
waist -23"
hips -34.5"
thighs- 20"
weight - 47.5 kilos

Im not overweight or anything BUT my thighs are big. I wear small sizes but jeans are always tight on my thighs and it doesnt help that i am all torso..

So girls of similar sizes... please tell me what your thighs measure and what I should be aiming for. 18"? 19"? Be honest will appreciate it so i know what i need to aim for!

Last edited:
I used to hate my thighs until I read that fat in the thigh area on women helps protect against heart disease...embrace your shape, you're that way for a reason!

You got it wrong. The fat around the thighs doesn't protect you from heart disease. You only have lower chance to have a heart disease compared to a woman or man with a fat belly. The fat around the waist is more dangerous. Fat in general only protects us from the cold and sometimes from breaking something if we fall.

The only person who will ever have my thigh measurements is the coroner....because it will be over my dead body! :P

hehehe c'mon! give us your measurements luxelambie!

Thanks for the info and responses guys! After comparing measurements I think I need to lose at least an inch on my thighs.. I seems I should be in the range of 17-19" and right now I am an inch over that at 20". Okay gotta do excercises that specifically target the thunder thighs! Wish me luck!

Any advice on excercises would be welcome! And keep those measurements coming so that I can have an idea of what the normal body/thigh ratio is. Thanks!

I think vigorous/power walking is the best solution for chubby legs or thighs. And pilates. Generally a medium high impact cardio, and stretching the muscles will result to thiner thighs. If nothing works there is always plastic surgery.

I have been doing 1 hour sessions on the cross trainer (medium/high resitance) 3 times a week along with half an hour of weights + yoga ball excercises in each session that target legs/hips/stomach/arms.

Have toned up everywhere and def toned my legs and raised/lifted my ass hehe!! Thighs are still a bit big :sad: I do a little bit of running in every session as well at high speeds (which i find very difficult). I think i need to try something like cycling on medium resistance (high resistance will cause bulking).

Any more advice guys? Thigh master anyone?

Targeting your thigh muscles only, will not get you any big results. You have to exercise your whole body and generally burn body fat to see a difference. There is no such thing as spot reducing.
The truth is fat cannot be burned from specific body parts. Fat is stored throughout the body, and exercise will use fat from different areas and not necessarily the part you are working. The best way to reduce body fat is with a consistent routine of cardiovascular exercise, strength training and stretching.
Read this http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Facts-About-the-Spot-Reducing-Myth&id=158299

You routine sounds good btw. Are you stretching enough???

Thanks for ther article! It is helpful! I have been dieting as well and have replaced desserts in my diet with fruit and reduced my portions... have lost about 4kg with the sensible eating and excercising already. I guess this means I should keep going and lose another 2 kg with the cardio that im doing and eventually a little more fat will deplete from my thighs! I think 46kg is the lowest I am ready to go though!

Btw no stretching! Is this also important for weight loss?

I've always had huge thighs, even when I was starving myself. But right now I have 27.5" thighs and a 29" waist, talk about hourglass! And yes, I do have a hard time finding pants, even to the point of considering having them custom made!

Reactions: am2022