a girl with a bag and a spare

kittykelly

Jan 31, 2008
i wonder if any of you have ever bought 2 of the exact same bag - just in case one wears. i know a girl who has 2 gold birkins in 35 - one in clemence and the other in fjord both have gold hardware . i asked her why she did not get another color - her reply was: one i will keep in the box for later - i thought this was ???- i would get black or another color i thought to myself. but her rational was: since she was able to get one now and maybee not later - why not. this way if she uses one and it starts to wear and tear she has another - anyone have any feelings on this - it makes me think of "the heir and the spare" would any of you do the same? i wonder if she is just impulsive and is doing so because her dad is paying or if this is something that other members do too? what do you think

I agree. Sometimes the same color in different leathers are different bags altogether. I have 5 black Birkins in different sizes, leathers and hardware, and they're all different bags to me.

personally, i wouldnt! but then again sometimes i buy bags, clothes, and shoes that are the exact same thing but in different colors- and my mother doesnt like me doing that!! each person thinks differently i guess

Like Costa above, I do this with items of clothing, and if I had the money, I would probably do it with bags, as well. Bearing the price increases in mind, it seems like a pretty sensible decision to me, as the second bag she bought may cost twice the price she paid for it in a few years time. There's also the possibility (although unlikely) that the color or leather you mentioned could be discontinued, making it harder to find in the future, especially new.

I think it is a good idea if you have the money, apart from the fact that I like H bags when they do not look quite "brand-new", but everyone's preferences are different.

I personally wouldn't do it, but I don't see it as particularly odd either. If you really love an item and want to make sure that you are not likely to be without it ever, buying one in reserve doesn't seem that strange.

I agree. Sometimes the same color in different leathers are different bags altogether. I have 5 black Birkins in different sizes, leathers and hardware, and they're all different bags to me.

TammyD, you're like DiamondS. Here are her black bags.

DSC00784.jpg