Feeling like a Traitor

Being a H-gal, the best diaper bag will be another H. If you carry another brand, the feeling of 'special' is not there. H massai, garden party or victoria. Garden Party is common so get in colors you rarely see.

Maybe you could try April in Paris. She used to work for H and you can order the perfect bag for you in the leather you want. There are other options like that and then you get the same craftsmanship. =)

Last edited:
allan, that Goyard bag is very nice, it's a shame to hear
about their quality issues.

TammyD, Good luck with your search. :smile:
And you're not a H traitor, there's room in everybody's
closet for more than one brand. :smile:

As mentioned, although it feels like you are being disloyal, it makes perfect sense to have other bags for other occasions! I do have a Goyard for the beach and a fun tote and love it! I also have an LV saleya for rainy, wet days....there's nothing wrong with having a variety IMO! I love the leather and quality of H bags but there are other bags that fit my life as well --

Oh, don't feel that way.

How about a LongChamp Pliage? For one moment, think of it as related to H, protector of H...
Next moment, ah... use it for diaper bag in the meantime.

But no structure, so you need a huge pursekit...

Alternatively, if there's amazona (rubbery material) for Garden Party, will it do?
Or maybe not, heavy isn't it....

TammyD--the Goyard bags that fit your needs maybe have too little structure. that was my discovery. i like one of the new bottega styles. double shoulder strap fairly deep--kind of a better designed Hermes Trim bag. Also: Balenciaga might be a good alternative as they have lots of shoulder bags . I love Hermes but they have yet to design a TRULY functional comfortable all purpose shoulder bag...............

I don't think you are a traitor. If a brand does not make something you need, then you have to go elsewhere. I will say that I've bought only the monogram canvas from LV and I don't care for it in bags. Luggage is fine, I have a large weekender and a garment bag that I love, but for handbags that get used differently I find that after 6 months they look "worn and shabby". Just my experience.

I have no kids so I don't know, but I would think you want something that requires little maintenance from what you wrote.

I like having a wide variety of styles and colors. I'm not a stickler when it comes to brands. Like my peko said, when H starts paying me, I'll start carrying only their bags!

I agree with mistikat - you can't beat a good Bottega tote, although they are lined in suede so it depends if you get prissy about the linings...

I was also debating the whole "get rid of everything else" thing as I probably use my H less than 10% of the time. I swing between all sorts of bags for all occasions, but my main concern is the consistant drizzle/ rain here (can you tell I am fed up with "summer"?!). It would mean getting a whole lot more H though which may be the way to go....

Tammy, I use two Vera Bradley cloth bags for situations such as....trip to the barber shop ( I'm a lady...but have short hair ) and sometimes to the grocery store. MY VB is my briefcase, of sorts ( with all those pockets) and along with the VB I carry whatever Hermes bag I wish....sometimes a Kelly Pochette, sometimes a Kelly or Birkin.

Also have several LVs....some of them almost old enough to be vintage that I still love as much as the Hermes.