Feeling like a Traitor

I heard somewhere that they got new materials for those parts that immediately wore out due to humidity.

I thought about Goyard a lot and spent a lot of time at the Barneys Goyard boutique looking at these bags. I know these are very popular, but in my view the quality is not that high. Ironically, the materials look fine and I wouldnt have thought the problems in that blog would happen, but the stitching often looks shoody, the handles do not feel like quality, and many of the bag designs are not well thought out (ie the messenger bag that is about an inch too short to fit many magazines into).

At one stage every second person was carrying a Goyard tote in NY. I think allowing themselves to be regarded as an "it bag" (JAFIB) was a big mistake as the brand does not have the depth to replicate that success. I suspect Barneys will find a more profitable use for that space in the not too distant future...

Valextra always appears to me to be very well made but the stuff is so STIFF.

What about a Garden Party or Victoria?

These bags SHOULD be ideal for such purposes (as the STYLES are great) but that lining makes them look terrible after only a few uses. I would rather they left them unlined quite honestly--the back side of the leather is very forgiving with stains and wear but that cream herringbone...........stinks for a bag lining........and it starts looking pilly.

Last edited:
I love variety and some of my most favorite bags are not H! I just got a Jimmy Choo Ramona that I am absolutely in love with- it is a great workhorse bag that fits comfortably on my shoulder! ANd I also have a Balenciaga City that I adore! And what I like most is that by having the variety in my collection I appreciate the differences amongst the designers even more!!!

I love variety and some of my most favorite bags are not H! I just got a Jimmy Choo Ramona that I am absolutely in love with- it is a great workhorse bag that fits comfortably on my shoulder! ANd I also have a Balenciaga City that I adore! And what I like most is that by having the variety in my collection I appreciate the differences amongst the designers even more!!!

I agree, JAG. My all-time favorite bag is an ebene barenia Tanner Krolle Eva with woven handles. It's one of the prettiest bags I've ever owned, PLUS it's an amazing workhorse/travel bag. I will treasure and carry that bag forever.

And for knockaround, I adore Henry Cuir and my Loro Piana bags. H makes magnificent stuff, but I need a variety of lines. If I were looking for a diaper bag, I'd look at Henry Cuir, but I tend to gravitate to gypsy savage look, so YMMV.

i dont think people should only be limited to one brand..sometimes diversity is good.. or else you wouldnt have any joy shopping around in other brand shops..so you should go for it and see what suits you (i personally like goyard more than lv) :smile:

I love and carry a lot of brands. I have been extremely happy with my Goyard items. I have a St. Louis, a wallet, card case and DH has a wallet. All of our items have been top-notch quality and we've had no problems at all. I use the St. Louis as my work tote and it is still in perfect condition after much daily use. Plus the wonderful cutomer service at their SF boutique can't be beat. :tup:
I also carry my MbMJ Faridah a lot and love how squishy soft the leather is and how much I can fit into it.
Don't feel like a traitor. Variety is the spice of life. :woohoo:

Variety is the spice of life!! I have a bunch of bags from other designers. I love them all. I like variety and I like changing my bags. Each bag has a different purpose. One bag I use in the rain, another in the snow, etc. Some days I like using a shoulder bag, somedays I want a small bag, some days I want a bag that can hold everything including my kitchen sink.
I have two Goyard totes and LOVE them. I haven't had any issues with them. The only thing I do not like is that they don't close.
My pink goyard is in my avatar.
Hermes is my favorite but their bags are not for my everyday life. For one, its rains and snows where I live too much to use them everyday. And I really don't like carrying my bag around in a plastic bag! I look like a moron carrying my bag in a big Ziploc bag with handles!!!
I say buy what you like and buy what fits your needs no matter what brand it is.
I like Vera Bradley bags too!

IMO Goyard's quality just isn't that terrific. You get the simplest of bags for nearly twice as much as the LV Neverfull, and you don't get as many details either. I see celebs carrying Goyard, and they look slouchy, and I'll say it out loud, kind of cheap.

Thankfully the Neverfull comes in something other than the Monogram pattern, and it's very neutral overall.

Good luck in the hunt!

I have a white Saint Louis tote that has been nothing but problems; at this point the straps are almost detaching from the bag. Worst bag purchase of my life. My friend's blue Saint Louis bled all over her clothing, and another friend's blue Saint Louis had actual HOLES develop at all four corners.

Ryan

It's ok to feel that way. I personally just started loving H early this year. But I've been enjoying LV, Chanel and Goyard for a longer period of time. :yes: (No issues with my goyards so far. I have 2 totes and 1 fidji -- and another fidji on the way. I :heart: it for daily use!)

tammy - you are not a traitor. you just have not found a H bag that would work with your current lifetsyle. i do and i still am looking for the "perfect" H baby bag. but in the meantime, i use these : Goyard St. Louis PM and Longchamp (personalized with DS' name)

Attachments

• 278601477_7d807d902f.jpg
    278601477_7d807d902f.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 2536758610_4de6a373b1.jpg
    2536758610_4de6a373b1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 42
I agree with mistikat - you can't beat a good Bottega tote, although they are lined in suede so it depends if you get prissy about the linings...

I was also debating the whole "get rid of everything else" thing as I probably use my H less than 10% of the time. I swing between all sorts of bags for all occasions, but my main concern is the consistant drizzle/ rain here (can you tell I am fed up with "summer"?!). It would mean getting a whole lot more H though which may be the way to go....
i love my h bags but have been using my bv cabats a lot also.
they aren't lined so no worries there.