Unknown Vintage "Dream Bag". Do you know it?? *Pics*

asark

"I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
O.G.
May 23, 2007
So I just saw this come up on eBay and I tried for it. I had to - it was LOVE at first sight :cloud9::love:. Now, technically I'm on a ban... so the fact I bid at all made me feel the guilt... but it was $20-ish dollars so I figured that it would not count. When it hit around $50 I stopped. Out of guilt. But now I'm afraid this vintage beauty will haunt me forever... it is just so PERFECT for me! It may have been my HOLY GRAIL!

Do any of you have it or know it? I need some guidance so I can find another!

Details from the listing were camo lining, and that it is leather. Dimensions were approx 17X14.

Any input would be greatly appreciated... I am really feeling badly for loosing out... HELP! :crybaby:

UnknownLeatherPurse.jpg

I might be able to help you a little. That style bag was very popular when I was in my early teens in the late 70s. They came in a lot of different colors. I believe mine came from Capwell's Department store which eventually became Emporium and then was bought out by Federated. I don't recall the brand, it may have been Capwell's brand, but the bag I had that was similar was purchased in 1977/1978ish if that helps. That bag may be a little newer but it looks very similar to a bag I had back then. Also I remember that color being very popular in the late 70s and early 80s. As I recall, my bag was a bit expensive for the day. I think it was about $25 or maybe even $30. My grandmother got it for me.

Have you ever used an auction sniper, asark? It helps to keep the price down so you don't end up in a bidding war

hey leothelnss -
what the heck is an auction sniper???
FWIW....my first reaction was the size and the camo lining.....that made me think it's NOT vintage.......I don't remember bags being SO big back then and the camo thing is more "now" than then (coming from someone who is 48).......just a thought!

I have heard of auction snipers - they are various websites that bid on your behalf at the last second of an auction. I normally snipe items myself at the last sec, but last night was just a bad night. I must look into these snipers further though - TY leothlnss!

Dcblam - re the camo lining - I thought the same thing! And to me te style is so not trendy - just plain classic (to me anyways, lol). I don't know about the size comparing then to now... (and HOLY COW woman! 48!! You don't look a day over 30 from the pics you've posted!).

Hmm... a simplicity patten eh? My mom is the pattern queen... must look into this!

^ Yep, bids for you at the last second, Dcblam. That way people aren't bidding up to your highest amount and then outbidding you. You can wait till the end of the auction and avoid the price getting outrageous (most of the time).
I use auctionsniper.com
First 3 are free! (Though their percentage sucks, so I wouldn't use them after the first three are used up)

Sorry you missed out on your bag, Asark...
Stalking ebay helps, though knowing the name or designer of that bag would probably help a lot more! Have you contacted the seller of this bag to see if you can get more info on it? Where they got it maybe?