Help! Given wrong authenticity card.

saff

O.G.
May 14, 2008
I bought a Chanel bag in June 2007 from a consignment store in Malaysia. At the time I didn't know anything about Chanel and didn't realise there was a hologramic sticker which should match with the authenticity card. It's only recently that I discovered that they've given me the wrong card as the numbers on the card and the sticker don't match. I've asked my sister who lives there to contact the store. But it's a long shot as it was bought more than a year ago.

I want to sell my bag but I don't know if I can without the correct card. Can I still sell it? Is there any other way I can proof to buyers that the bag is authentic?

Thanks!

I see alot of bags on Ebay being sold without authenticity cards. However, how much you can get for your bag will all depend on your feedback. If you have zero feedback, people are usually not willing to drop $1000+ to buy your bag. If you have several hundred positive feedback, people may be more willing.

In general, I see that bags without their auth cards sell for less than the ones with them. Good luck!

I bought a Chanel bag in June 2007 from a consignment store in Malaysia. At the time I didn't know anything about Chanel and didn't realise there was a hologramic sticker which should match with the authenticity card. It's only recently that I discovered that they've given me the wrong card as the numbers on the card and the sticker don't match. I've asked my sister who lives there to contact the store. But it's a long shot as it was bought more than a year ago.

I want to sell my bag but I don't know if I can without the correct card. Can I still sell it? Is there any other way I can proof to buyers that the bag is authentic?

Thanks!

While it is good to have the matching authenticity card, that alone does not guarantee authenticity. If the bag is a collector's piece or really in demand, you can still get a very good price for it. I've sold and bought a couple of bags without authenticity cards - it doesn't really bother me as long as the item is actually authentic.

The experts on the forum are great at authenticating. You can also use a 3rd party like Carol Diva/My Poupette

Thanks, ladies! I may go down the consignment route as people may be more willing to buy from a reputable seller without a card. I've contacted fashionphile to see what they say. They've taken two of my bags before so hopefully they'll sell it for me.