How to Use 'MS LIVE 20% Off' to Buy Paddy on eBay?

There's a whole thread about it in the Ebay forum... some say the CASHBACK is DOWN right now...
http://forum.purseblog.com/deals-an...for-your-ebay-purchases-microsoft-311084.html

Basically it's NOT a certain % OFF, it's a certain % CASHBACK... IF your purchase qualifies and you pay via paypal. I can tell you that I made 3 purchases in July using MSlive, saw the cashpage at the top of the ebay page, bought (only works on BIN), paid... and thus far only ONE of those transactions is showing up in my MSLive account, and neither eby nor LIVE help can figure out why.
SO... at this point, I am not jumping up and down over this offer.
But read the thread, from the beginning... alot of info there and alot of changes have been made to the program since it started.
What you need to remember most is FIND YOUR ITEM ON EBAY first. Locate what you want to purchase. THEN, go to MS LIVE, open an account, and do a search for something stupid like shoes or wii or x-box. If you get a link in these searches, that shows a % cashback on EBAY, you click the link and the %CASHBACK should show up in the top center of the ebay webpage. Then go buy your item... but BIN only. There is no cashback on reg auctions. And you MUST checkout THRU ebay AND PAY w/ paypal.
If your purchase qualifies, it is cashback in 60 days, to your PP account.
Read the thread... lots of rules.

Last edited:
There's a whole thread about it in the Ebay forum... some say the CASHBACK is DOWN right now...
http://forum.purseblog.com/deals-an...for-your-ebay-purchases-microsoft-311084.html

Basically it's NOT a certain % OFF, it's a certain % CASHBACK... IF your purchase qualifies and you pay via paypal. I can tell you that I made 3 purchases in July using MSlive, saw the cashpage at the top of the ebay page, bought (only works on BIN), paid... and thus far only ONE of those transactions is showing up in my MSLive account, and neither eby nor LIVE help can figure out why.
SO... at this point, I am not jumping up and down over this offer.
But read the thread, from the beginning... alot of info there and alot of changes have been made to the program since it started.
What you need to remember most is FIND YOUR ITEM ON EBAY first. Locate what you want to purchase. THEN, go to MS LIVE, open an account, and do a search for something stupid like shoes or wii or x-box. If you get a link in these searches, that shows a % cashback on EBAY, you click the link and the %CASHBACK should show up in the top center of the ebay webpage. Then go buy your item... but BIN only. There is no cashback on reg auctions. And you MUST checkout THRU ebay AND PAY w/ paypal.
If your purchase qualifies, it is cashback in 60 days, to your PP account.
Read the thread... lots of rules.

Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it! :tup: I just took a quick look at MSlive, it's like a maze in there. It'll take me some time to dig through everything. There are SO MANY rules & regulations! I know what you mean now when you said you're not jumping up by this offer! :rolleyes:

I think you get a percentage off, then up to a total limit. If you go to the MS live search page. If you search for some thing like "rebecca minkoff" the first hit that comes up has a yellow $ sign, click on this and will take you to ebay, from this page you can search for "chloe". You only see % off when you press "buy it now". I think it works, but only up to a maximum, like $200-$300 for each person.

Suppossedly according to what I have been reading, the cashback can be UP TO 35%, but the "norm" lately has been 8%. The limit ws $200 per transaction, and limited to 6 transactions per ebay account.
BUT... the rules have changed a couple of times since inception, so who knows. Limited to US residents only, auction has to be a BIN on ebay.com. Have to have a LIVE account, and pay w/ PP thru ebay checkout. There's LOTS of rules.

I think you get a percentage off, then up to a total limit. If you go to the MS live search page. If you search for some thing like "rebecca minkoff" the first hit that comes up has a yellow $ sign, click on this and will take you to ebay, from this page you can search for "chloe". You only see % off when you press "buy it now". I think it works, but only up to a maximum, like $200-$300 for each person.

It all sounds "so enticing"! I haven't really had time to sit down and go through the whole thing. I'll try to do it this weekend and see if I can go through its myraid of rules and regulations. Many thanks! :smile:

Suppossedly according to what I have been reading, the cashback can be UP TO 35%, but the "norm" lately has been 8%. The limit ws $200 per transaction, and limited to 6 transactions per ebay account.
BUT... the rules have changed a couple of times since inception, so who knows. Limited to US residents only, auction has to be a BIN on ebay.com. Have to have a LIVE account, and pay w/ PP thru ebay checkout. There's LOTS of rules.

Wow, 35% Cashback, that's too good to be true! :tup: Too bad I'm going into the game late - a measly 8%! Better a little than nothing, will see if I can go through the maze in there. Many thanks! :smile: