Damier Graphite Porte Documents

Jul 24, 2008
Good Afternoon LV Fans-

I wanted to post my disappointment in the Porte Documents bag in Damier Graphite. I was all set to purchase this bag as I currently own the Mono Bequia Porte Documents that came out in 2007.

When I saw the bag, it is 2 inches smaller in height and width than my existing bag. I cannot understand why it is called Porte Documents much less did my SA have any idea that the dimensions would vary. At any rate, I will not be purchasing this bag because my laptop does not fit into it. It is a very small bag. Good enough for 8 files filled with paper?:tdown:

Not feeling the LVoe.

:sad:

Well, I believe that this is a distinctive feature of a runway item - and therefore the Graphite "version" of the porte-document will not be a copy of another version with the same name. That is why the permanent collection is called a Jorn when it fact - it is the same bag but with a strap.

The bag was also designed to take into account of the fact that laptops are getting smaller and most probably due to a poor response to larger document bags. As it is, the GPD is very limited in production.

Its the perfect size for me though... any bigger I would be dragging it on the floor...;)

well the full name of your Monogram Bequia bag is "Porte-Document GEANT". which means its larger. there lies the distinction. the Damier Graphite version is simply a Porte-Document. "Porte-Document" is a general french term meaning briefcase. much the same way "cabas" and "trousse toilette" is just a general term for tote and toiletry bag respectively. variations between lines and collections do happen.

Last edited:
well the full name of your Monogram Bequia bag is "Porte-Document GEANT". which means its larger. there lies the distinction. the Damier Graphite version is simply a Porte-Document. "Porte-Document" is a general french term meaning briefcase. much the same way "cabas" and "trousse toilette" is just a general term for tote and toiletry bag respectively. variations between lines and collections do happen.

Which probably explains why the Graphite Porte Document is exactly the same size as my robusto.

At any rate, I will not be purchasing this bag because my laptop does not fit into it.

They have one Bequia Porte Documents Geant left in my store, I thought it was luggage, it's the same size as my Sirius 45, How your laptop doesn't fit in a Porte Documents? How big is it? I saw the Porte Documents and it's very similatr to Jorn, and they're big bags!