Food entree recipes for dinner party

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
I'm planning a dinner party and really want to serve shrimp, if I can find a killer recipe. I will also offer chicken, and need help. I've picked out a pasta entree and sides. So three entrees, two desserts, and multiple sides. (Several guests have food allergies, so I need and want to have options for all.)

Ideas? or recommendations?

A homemade pineapple teryaki with chicken is nice...I don't know with summer fading so quickly all I can think of are summer things!

I'm better at picking sides and desserts and all things carb (pasta, rice or risotto, etc)

I've been in a phase where I absolutely HATE chicken (since December) but when I liked it I used to make Chicken Satay. I would grill chicken on skewers after it had marinated in some sauce and I would pair it with a peanut sauce and sticky coconut rice.

Shrimp & grits. If you're interested, I can post the recipe. It's very rich, with bacon, sausage, cheese & garlic! :tup:

My husband would love this. Yes, I'd like the recipe. I can't use the recipe for the party because the chicken will have to be straight chicken (for the person with major allergies) and no pork.

Chicken Satay. I would grill chicken on skewers after it had marinated in some sauce and I would pair it with a peanut sauce and sticky coconut rice.

I'd love this recipe too, especially for the marinade....and the peanut sauce. I've yet to find a decent peanut sauce recipe, and I love the stuff. I can run the marinade by the allergic person...poor her.

Thank you so much!

Here ya go! :okay:

Shrimp & Grits (rich & sinful~ feeds a crowd)

6 cups water
salt & pepper
2 cups grits (not instant!)
3 tbsp butter (heck, use the whole stick)
1 bag sharp cheddar cheese- shredded
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 lbs each bacon & Hillshire farm smoked sausage
1 lemon
1 cup chopped green onion
1 clove garlic, minced

In a large stockpot, heat water to boiling. Slowly add grits, reduce heat and simmer. When done, stir in butter & cheese, remove from heat. Grits should be a smooth, creamy texture. If too thick, add more water, too thin add more grits. In a large skillet, cook bacon & sliced sausage until done, crumble bacon & add along with sausage to grits, reserving drippings.

Add shrimp to grease, along with garlic & green onion. Squeeze lemon over mixture. Saute' until shrimp turn pink, being careful not to overcook. Add to grits pot and mix well.

Enjoy, and try not to slap your mama.

Well, I always think a roasted chicken is great for groups. It looks like you worked hard, but so easy. Plus, you can make it interesting w/ herbs, citrus, etc.

For shrimp, grilled marinated shrimp are always good. Kind of basic though. Really depends on what you pair them w/ as to whether they'll look dull!