Jan 12, 2006
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20219790,00.html

Ellen and Portia Get Married

By Julie Jordan
Originally posted Sunday August 17, 2008 01:00 AM EDT

Photo by: Lester Cohen / WireImage
ellen240.jpg
Ring the wedding bells!

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.

"Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi were married tonight in an intimate ceremony at their home in Los Angeles," their spokesperson tells PEOPLE exclusively.

DeGeneres, 50, and de Rossi, 35, both wore Zac Posen and exchanged rings by Neil Lane during the Saturday ceremony. Their big day also featured arrangements by L.A. florist Mark's Garden.

The intimate ceremony was attended by 19 guests, including DeGeneres's mom Betty and de Rossi's mother Margaret Rogers (who flew in from Australia for the occasion), who witnessed the couple exchange handwritten vows.

The couple have been dating since December 2004. DeGeneres announced her plans to wed de Rossi during a taping of her talk show in May after California's Supreme Court ruled a previous ban on gay marriage to be unconstitutional.

The following month de Rossi showed off a 3-carat diamond ring set on a pink pavé band DeGeneres presented to her for their upcoming nuptials when the pair attended the Daytime Emmy Awards together.

"She's taught me lessons about myself, and I feel like I've taught her," the TV host said of de Rossi last year. "We've both changed and grown, and we just feel like, 'Oh, okay, this is completion.'"

:yahoo: I am so happy for them!!! I love Ellen and think she is such a good person. Her eyes just sparkle, and she is so warm and full of life. My mother thinks that Portia has mean eyes and that she is using Ellen :lol:, but I think she is just lovely.

Congrats to them both!!!

It's about time! Congratulations and Best Wishes for every happiness!

Thanks for the pics Sophie Rose! I wonder if Ellen wore white Hush Puppies, can't really see... :biggrin: