Travel Good eats and activities in St. Thomas VI

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
Please recommend.....We will be hanging out with some family there, but I wanted to also get some rec's from people who may have been there.

Restaurants, activities, shops, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Trip date Aug 30-Sept 6

Lucky you! I haven't been in years, but from what I remember the shopping was THE main activity during the day. There was no shortage of lovely up-scale and fun shops. They tend to get very crowded, though, I think b/c of the cruise ships.

Have a wonderful time!

I went there a few years ago (I think I was about 15, I'm 23 now) so shopping wasn't on my high list but I would recommend going parasailing. It was absolutely gorgeous and the water was so clear you could see the sea turtles swimming from up in the air.

I just remembered another cool thing to do. If you have time a day trip to St. John or Tortola is nice. The ocean and the islands you pass on the ferry ride there are absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, definitely don't forget to check out the beaches on St. John. You can catch a ferry from St. Thomas to St. John. Also, don't forget to "haggle" at the jewelry stores, at least the smaller privately owned ones. You can get a really great deal on authentic Gucci watches and 14K/18K jewelry compared to the US mainland prices. Also, you can catch a commuter flight to Puerto Rico for a day trip there; flight is between 1- 2 hours, probably closer to 90 minutes or so.

Last edited:
I just remembered another cool thing to do. If you have time a day trip to St. John or Tortola is nice. The ocean and the islands you pass on the ferry ride there are absolutely gorgeous.

My uncle who passed away, was from the VI, and he has some family who are from St. John, and the Br. VI. His SIL suggested to my mom last night, we should go to St. John. Thanks for the heads up!

We took our HM to St Thomas in February. Loved it, cannot wait to go back.
That said, I will admit we did not leave the resort much. We loved it there! Drink service by the pool & beach, cannot beat it! There is a lot to do in the town, Charlotte Amalie, but it was quite crowded with cruise ship travelers while we were there. We only went one day for shopping there.
We day tripped to St John & were really glad we did. We went to Cinnamon Bay early to get a spot. One lunch hit the cruise ship crowd was there and we were happy we had a spot. St John was much more green & tropical feeling, St Thomas was beautiful but had more of a city feel.
It's a beautiful part of the Caribbean. The people were so friendly & we tried to be too. You'll have a great time!

My uncle who passed away, was from the VI, and he has some family who are from St. John, and the Br. VI. His SIL suggested to my mom last night, we should go to St. John. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The scenery is unbelievably gorgeous and I remember the color of the water and the color of the vegetation and foliage as being the clearest of blue and green I had ever seen.