Item I sent to Denmark- held at customs- no invoice

good for you.
i don't think she can win a paypal dispute either. her asking you to declare a lower value to customs is asking you to lie to the government, which is illegal. she, as a buyer, is responsible for all fees imposed by her country's Customs.

I think you'll be fine. you sent it, you have tracking. it's her problem to pay her customs fees.

i personally don't sell overseas for reasons like this popping up, too much of a headache. but at least you know for future that if they ask you to change the value/mark as gift, just say no.

i really think you'll be fine though, you did everything right in your last message to her.

Last edited:
iheartcoach...one other thing, with the insurance. what you insure it for is all you will get if it gets lost. so had this gotten lost/damaged in transit, you'd only get $200 but you'd have to refund her the full amount. so it's in your best interest to insure for what was paid to you, so if you did have to refund, you'd get back in insurance the complete value. you would have lost a lot in this instance. really, what you did is for the buyer's benefit, under-declaring the bag, lower insurance, but you leave yourself very vulnerable. so best in the future to just put your interests first, protect yourself in case of loss in transit.

hope that helps.

go for you.
i don't think she can win a paypal dispute either. her asking you to declare a lower value to customs is asking you to lie to the government, which is illegal. she, as a buyer, is responsible for all fees imposed by her country's Customs.

I think you'll be fine. you sent it, you have tracking. it's her problem to pay her customs fees.

i personally don't sell overseas for reasons like this popping up, too much of a headache. but at least you know for future that if they ask you to change the value/mark as gift, just say no.

i really think you'll be fine though, you did everything right in your last message to her.

Thanks.

I wanted a quick sale and she seemed so nice and she even offered to pay my PayPal fees. IDK she was just so accomadating and I was worried but I was HOPING everything would be ok...

But I know I did good all except marking it down on customs. So hopefully that won't come back to me and they put me in jail or something. Geez.

it'll be fine i think. if anything, if she can't produce an invoice, Danish Customs will appraise the bag, and she is responsible for Custom's duty based on the appraised value.

it'll be fine i think. if anything, if she can't produce an invoice, Danish Customs will appraise the bag, and she is responsible for Custom's duty based on the appraised value.

She can eaily print out the paypal invoice from when SH paid me or even the ebay page...

I'm not going to get into it anymore. I will let her deal with it and if they contact me I will tell her to print it all out and send it to them if she wants the bag!

I know I shouldn't have done that...

She kept saying if i did declare it for less and anything happened she would take full responsibility and I believe(d) her... we shall see.

noongnat: Ya never know!!! I'm scared. I mean because if they see that the customs form said $200 and the ebay/paypal invoice says a higher amount... what will they do?

noongnat: Ya never know!!! I'm scared. I mean because if they see that the customs form said $200 and the ebay/paypal invoice says a higher amount... what will they do?

You really have nothing to worry about, really. I mean the chances of anything happening to that extent is so tiny. It's one item, not like you are running an operation trying to defraud customs :P They will let it slide for sure. But I'd be more concerned with the type of person who *wants* you to lie on the customs form, you know? I mean they don't have a problem with you lying about that, so will they have a problem lying and saying they didn't get the item, or lying and saying you sent a bag that is in horrible shape, or what else would they be willing to lie about? That's what I'd be most concerned with, the character of the person you are dealing with, and not so much customs themselves.

You really have nothing to worry about, really. I mean the chances of anything happening to that extent is so tiny. It's one item, not like you are running an operation trying to defraud customs :P They will let it slide for sure. But I'd be more concerned with the type of person who *wants* you to lie on the customs form, you know? I mean they don't have a problem with you lying about that, so will they have a problem lying and saying they didn't get the item, or lying and saying you sent a bag that is in horrible shape, or what else would they be willing to lie about? That's what I'd be most concerned with, the character of the person you are dealing with, and not so much customs themselves.

True. This will just teach me once again (because I had once said I would never ship outside the USA) to not ship outside the USA. LOL

Umm.. who said they were "dumb"?
No one, what I meant is the way you're going around this problem looks like you think they're dumb.You suggested to lie to them that a $1K+ LV Tivolis is worth $200 by sending a false receipt,making up Paypal invoice........do you really think they'll believe it?
Anyway,it's your buyer's responsibility to pay for the custom fees and I'm glad you're not going to lie for her.Hope things work out.

Ok so i sent off my Tivoli Gm last week and it is now being held at customsa nd the tracking says because of No Invoice...

Thing is, I lowered the value to $200 and only insured it that much becuse the buyers requested it (I know stupid!) so she wouldn't have to pay a buttload in fees.

So what do I need to do?

I do have an eLuxury receipt for a pochette clefs that was $200. Could I make a copy and send that?

Or does she just need to go there or whatever and confess that it was $1200... and pay the customs fees?

Approx. how much would that be?

Could I make a "pretend" paypal invoice for $200 and send it off?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just made up an invoice through paypal... and sent it to her.. will that work?

Remember that nothing a buyer says or agrees to overrides their paypal and eBay rights. The same goes for any terms you list in your auctions - the rules of eBay and paypal always win out.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the Denmark customs really asking for the actual invoice of the bag (be it ebay/paypal invoice or the actual LV invoice), or a shipping invoice/customs form? They do call that "invoice" too.

I'm not sure. The tracking just said "Missing Invoice".

When I shipped it they attached the customs form to the box...

I guess I will just have to wait and see if they contact me or her andsee what they say.