PFers in Australia - Where can I get a mini gaucho?

saff

O.G.
May 14, 2008
I am desperately looking for a mini gaucho. As dior stores here don't stock them and there is nothing on ebay, I'm not sure where to look. Any ideas??

Thanks!

I got mine online, saff! It's heaps cheaper and the range is far better - I think I saw one at eluxury yesterday and I think neimans has gauchos too, but I'm not sure about the mini... go for it!

You can always get it delivered via a forwarding service.

This is exactly what I did - it was really easy. The only drawback is that it takes time (probably about 3 weeks from when you first order it through the forwarding company), but that didn't really bother me, given the shipping times from the US anyway. You give them your address and transfer them the money (I used internet banking in cash). They give you a quote based on their exchange rate.

My new gaucho is currently waiting for me at the PO - can't wait til Monday when I pick her up!

Re: you questions about customs, it appears that I didn't have to pay any... I'm not sure if the PO will charge me on behalf of customs, but the tracking number tells me that the bag is already at my local PO and went through customs no problems. I have heard that sometimes customs will let items valued over $1000 slide - it's just the luck of the draw, really.

If you really want this, do it now, cos eluxury has free shipping and I used free shipping a few weeks ago too - it saved me about $70 AUD!

There was a sale going on 3 days back at a Dior outlet in Singapore and i saw the new metallic mini gaucho going for SGD1010, 50% off the original SGD2010. They only had it in this colour left. If any of your relatives or friends are making their way here, you could try! :smile:

This is exactly what I did - it was really easy. The only drawback is that it takes time (probably about 3 weeks from when you first order it through the forwarding company), but that didn't really bother me, given the shipping times from the US anyway. You give them your address and transfer them the money (I used internet banking in cash). They give you a quote based on their exchange rate.

My new gaucho is currently waiting for me at the PO - can't wait til Monday when I pick her up!

Re: you questions about customs, it appears that I didn't have to pay any... I'm not sure if the PO will charge me on behalf of customs, but the tracking number tells me that the bag is already at my local PO and went through customs no problems. I have heard that sometimes customs will let items valued over $1000 slide - it's just the luck of the draw, really.

If you really want this, do it now, cos eluxury has free shipping and I used free shipping a few weeks ago too - it saved me about $70 AUD!

You must be really excited! Nothing like looking forward to that special package. I'm tossing up between mini gaucho, a Jimmy Choo and a Miu Miu (the wallet doesn't stretch that far for all three!). But good to know I've got the option to order from US stores and not just wait for ebay!

^ Gaaaah - I am newly and totally in love with miu miu, but all the bags I want are completely sold out! Which one are you looking at? And which choo?

And i totally agree about not waiting for eBay - I can't remember the last time I bought off eBay - it's getting so dangerous and troublesome LOL, Now that this US buying option has opened up, I'm like a kid in a candy store LOL I can't decide what I want! I'm just waiting on this gaucho purchase to go through totally fine (I want to actually see and hold the bag before I say everything's worked out for sure)... if it's all really good then I'm hooked! And the prices are so much better overseas - I can't believe the markups in Australia - honestly, you could almost buy two bags overseas for the price of one here!

Let me know how you go once you receive the bag (which Gaucho is it?) and if you would recommend using the forwarding service. I'm now thinking of getting another medium gaucho in brown. Nieman Marcus has a khaki one. Is that same as brown? Or is it olive?

I'm looking at a metallic Jimmy Choo Riki and Miu Miu tote that I can stuff things in for everyday. But I saw a Chloe Paddington in Jade which looked stunning.... so many bags....such limited resources!

I think the gaucho is my priority as this stage.

^ I think brown and khaki are two different colours... There is definitely a "browner" gaucho (see eluxury - it's on sale at the moment!). I got the yellow version of this one.

I love th jade paddington! I'm a chloe girl at heart, but have started to branch out - the gaucho is my first non chloe bag in about three years. I am lusting after the miu miu bow bag which, of course, is completely sold out : (

I will post pics in a new thread here when I get the gaucho - I have a few people to thank, that's for sure LOL!

^ I think brown and khaki are two different colours... There is definitely a "browner" gaucho (see eluxury - it's on sale at the moment!). I got the yellow version of this one.

I love th jade paddington! I'm a chloe girl at heart, but have started to branch out - the gaucho is my first non chloe bag in about three years. I am lusting after the miu miu bow bag which, of course, is completely sold out : (

I will post pics in a new thread here when I get the gaucho - I have a few people to thank, that's for sure LOL!

Thanks for the friend request! I wanted to send you a message via visitors messages but didn't know how to do it! have i completely missed something?? where's the reply button?:confused1: