Etiquette? No sec. or AA, but I use the exec assts sometimes? Y N Gift? if Y what?

shamsi

Feb 10, 2008
As above, I don't have my own secretary, (our dept lost ours a few months before I was hired) but sometimes I use two of the executive assistants for things like booking business travel, arranging meetings, helping with presentation photocopying/report compilations.

Tomorrow is secretaries/administrative assistant day, and I'd like to get them a gift. There are two, what can I get that doesn't cost >$20? Employees aren't allowed to accept gifts of value >20 at my work.

can I get one set of flowers or do I need to pick up two? Does it need a card? Can I get them starbucks GC? or is that tacky since A) I don't know if they go to starbucks and B) it's essentially cash equivalent.

And of course it's late here, I just cannot get it together lately.

I'd go with something a bit more practical, but I'm a guy. Gift cert or maybe a manicure/pedicure cert. Let their bf/husband handle the flower duties.

Good idea:yes:, and they use their hands a lot, and I wanted to avoid giving them candy, they'll complain I was trying to fatten them up:s

There's this nice spa that has online instant gift certificates can I buy right now for services. I don't know where they live, but this place has a few locations, so hopefully one will be close.

HURRAY for the internet & tPF!:yahoo: