First time buying skin care.

Charlie

O.G.
Apr 28, 2007
I am 28 years old and I just noticed some minor wrinkles in my forehead I decide to spend a little more than usual and buy me some skin care products. I went in and the SA told me I didnt need any anti wrinkle creams yet and recommended me this:

EL_9X2701_wide_po.jpg

Includes:
- DayWear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15 for Normal/Combination Skin, 1.7 oz. (full-size)
- Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex, .5 oz.
- Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex, .17 oz.
- Take It Away LongWear Makeup Remover Towelettes (5 towelettes)
- Deluxe Twill Travel Bag

I also got a whole bunch of free stuff, like a full size lipstick, full size eye cream, full size blush, 10 day mascara, little "pleasures" bottle, little eye makeup remover and three make up bags. She gave an extra one to DD.

Have anyone used Esste lauder before? (I am only familiar with their lip glosses and perfume :shame: )

Is it good, I know I got a great deal but I wonder if it is really much better than regular OTC face creams like Loreal. I gotta admit tho, I put it on and I already felt a difference.

TIA :flowers:

I used to use thier stuff...I dont think it ever made a difference in my skin. But then again I'm 24 and I was using my mom's estee lauder stuff when I was 16-18. Depending on your skin type, I'd invest more in products like La Mer, La Prairie and Revivie. I've been using La Prairie stuff and it's done wonders for my retarded skin!!! The stuff is pricey but I think it's worth the money and its very concentrated so you dont need to apply a lot.
Saks FF is coming up! 15% cosmetics! I buy all my skin care stuff during this event

I am also 28 and I agree with azhangie in investing in products like La Mer, La Prairie, or Revive. But only do so if it is in your budget :yes: one should never go broke for skin care.

I know a lot of people who use Estee Lauder and are very happy with it. But if you are not sure you can always get samples of other lines to try. I tried several until I found what worked best for me.

Estee Lauder has absolutely great products especially their retinol night cream from what I've heard. I don't see why you should "invest" in more expensive products such as La Prarie etc. when Estee Lauder can do the same or even better for your skin. You are still young so I suggest you stick with the Estee Lauder and I think you will be very pleased with the results, the day creme you bought is excellent because it has spf which will prevent damage caused by the sun which will help any lines on your forehead from worsening. I hope you find my information to be helpful, please let us know how the Estee Lauder has been working for you after you use it for a little while. :smile:

Estee Lauder has absolutely great products especially their retinol night cream from what I've heard. I don't see why you should "invest" in more expensive products such as La Prarie etc. when Estee Lauder can do the same or even better for your skin. You are still young so I suggest you stick with the Estee Lauder and I think you will be very pleased with the results, the day creme you bought is excellent because it has spf which will prevent damage caused by the sun which will help any lines on your forehead from worsening. I hope you find my information to be helpful, please let us know how the Estee Lauder has been working for you after you use it for a little while. :smile:
Thank you I will let yo know. My skin felt great after ONE application :yes:. I have great skin tho, I drink lots of water, tea, I eat too much vegetables and fruits so maybe it's helping. The little lines on my forehead are barely noticible for other but not for me. I mean the SA could've sell me other things but she said I didnt need them and it looked like she knew a lot and trusted her, she was very a very nice lady to me.

& don't forget your SPF!
Never, ever got out without it :tup:!

If you love what you bought, dont worry about more expensive brands..there are so many threads where gals say La Mer did nothing for them, its so individual ...So if you found something that suits you, hang on to it. Estee Lauder is a good brand and the Advanced Night Repair has been a bestseller for years.

throw in a mask once or twice a week, if you dont use them atm and you will love the results even more :flowers: