Black birkin - a rarity?

I've spoken with an SA in Las Vegas. He mentioned black birkin is a very difficult color to get because everyone considers it a classic. Orange and gold are very hard to get also. Be prepared to pay a premium for your black birkin when purchasing from a reseller. But I think it's worth it.

While In the mothership a few weeks ago, ran into a lady who was from California. She was looking for particularly black or gold. Well, I had gold and another lady had black. She said the SA's told her that Black and Gold would not be found as a "walk in" status. That they were extremely hard to get at the stores as they are so popular. Good luck on whatever decision to make:tup:

Oh dear. I am again an anomaly. I have seen SO MANY black and gold birkins!!! Probably because I don't like birkins in black and don't care for the gold!! You always want what you don't see. I have seen them a lot at Wall Street, Madison, Riverside, and EVERYTIME I go to Montreal! I would have to say though, that the gold in 30cm is a rarity. Of all the times I walk into H and they show me things, I have only been shown a 30cm in gold ONCE. I know. My SA knows I don't like gold, but he keeps trying to make me get one! Apparently, the most difficult color to get these days is anything RED. Yup, that is exactly what I am looking for. argh. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I always post what I see in the inventory thread immediately after going to H. Sometimes I feel like I should just buy the black birkin. I don't have one...can you believe that?

Handybags!! Gotta love you for keeping me in line!! :rolleyes:You are right...it would take away from my Kelly being used! But why oh why do I see them?? U think the H gods are trying to tell me something! Like GET OUT of the store and go home?? :P

Ahh, thank you everyone for your very helpful information. I guess I will just have to put my name down when the waitlist opens! I'll still see what I can find in Paris, but at least now I am going in with low expectations. I had assumed it would be easier to get since most of the ladies here have posted pictures of rainbows!

This is funny - my SA also persuaded me against getting a black Birkin. I wonder if it's simply because the color is more popular and hence they tend to keep it for their VIP clients, or because my SA feels that I'm better suited to the wonderful colors H does.

Would love to hear others' take on this!
Allthough that may be true, I wouldn't be too sure. I was told by SA hw would not let me leave the store with something that didn't suit me right, whtether it's colour, hardware, certain model etc lol (he wouldn't let me order a burgundy-coloured bag, allthough I guess I could've been more persuasive)

Luckily black and gold are two colours I'll probably never want. :upsidedown:

I know it's not a Birkin, but at FSH when I was there I tried on two black HACs one troika and one black box. They were not reserved and very gorgeous! I think both were PHW

I haven't heard anything about black in general being hard to get, but I heard that a black boxcalf Birkin is. And of all the H SAs I've ever talked to, only 2 have discouraged against black and gold because "everyone has those, and they're not unique". I sort of agree, though, those 2 colors are pretty low on my list.

Hm, I don't particularly want boxcalf (I would prefer something a little more durable like Epsom or maybe Swift, if they had it...), but I do want the PHW (I don't wear gold).

I probably won't be lucky this trip, but it will be nice to look, anyway!