Fendi repairs

BagLady14

O.G.
Dec 15, 2005
Does anyone know where I can get the strap of my Fendi chef bag reattached.
I was in a car accident today - no one hurt, but my car and my Fendi are another story. A big pickup truck slid on the snowy road and lost control hitting my car sideways.
There are no Fendi stores near where I live, so what to do?

Thanks.:crybaby:

Oh my, thank god that you are alright. *hugs* i think maybe you can try to call fendi and see what can be done? i'm sure saich2, baglady.1 or Lit will know better on how to go abt it.

Is it the Rivet that popped out and needs repair? If so do you still have the rivet? Sometimes a local shoe/bag repair can fix if you have the parts. I have also heard that Fordham Repair In NYC can repair with the actual Fendi parts (would need to ship it to them). You can google them for contact info. :yes:

I am so glad you are OK, and not hurt in anyway. What Baglady has said is good advice, or you could get in touch with one of the big Fendi stores and they would help you I am sure if you told them what has happen. Fendi in New York has a lovely SA called Dhama, you could say I sent you and I am sure she will help.

Baglady.1 - yes it's the rivit. It split in two (one piece has the bump end and the other is kind of flat. The rivit broke in two.

And thanks Saich2. I will try NY. I am geographically challenged when it comes to designer shopping. The closest place for me to buy a Fendi is Neiman Marcus in Boston - about 70 miles, but that's not the same as a Fendi store, so I don't think they would send it out. I don't know why there is no Fendi store in New England. I wish there was.

I don't even know how this happened since the inside of the car was not that damaged like the outside. Maybe the purse was projected through the air or something.

And yes, it is a blessing that no one was hurt. The truck ended up upside-down, but the passengers were belted in, so just crawled out the window. I only had 3K miles on my cute little car - so sad. Picked up a rental today and now I know for sure I am not an SUV person.:rolleyes:

Glad that you're okay! They will send bags out for repair. If they're over a year old, they will charge, though. Maybe you can call them to see what they say.

Thanks for your help!
I spoke with Fendi in NYC and they said they will fix it for free.
If it's less than TWO years old and you have the receipt they will fix a Fendi at no charge - just shipping!!

I just got my purse back from Fendi in NY. They fixed it and shipped it back - no charge and it's perfect. It was purchased in Sept. 06. Their policy is that they will repair any bag within two years of purchase at no charge with copy of receipt.

I just got my purse back from Fendi in NY. They fixed it and shipped it back - no charge and it's perfect. It was purchased in Sept. 06. Their policy is that they will repair any bag within two years of purchase at no charge with copy of receipt.

That's crazy that they don't even tell their employees the repair policy changed. But good for you!!!

This is an old thread, but the same bag broke again. A different rivet. Is this a common problem with Fendi bags? Rivets breaking. I looked at it with a magnifying glass and it's like the metal rivet is dry and crumbling.