Review Reviews and Review Requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product name/shade: MaxFactor Volume Couture Mascara

Review: Does exactly what a good mascara should do. The brush is one of those stiff, rubbery ones with little spikes on it. These give your lashes excellent separation and definition with NO CLUMPING!! The formula is very smooth and doesn't have a perceptible fragrance (although it is listed as an ingredient). I use 2-3 coats of this for perfect lashes. I have worn it for up to 19 hours without any flaking. I was disappointed in my Diorshow and decided to try this on a whim. I've been using it for about 3 months and will be using it indefinitely :tup:

Price: $5.84

Will purchase again: Yes!

Where to find it: Walmart, Kmart, Ulta, http://www.maxfactor.com

Attachments

• eye_volumecouture.jpg
    eye_volumecouture.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 206
^ITA on the Max Factor Volume Couture. I bought this a few days ago and I really like it, too. I do get a little clumping, but my lashes grow in strange directions and tend to clump no matter what. This is definitely the best mascara I've tried recently. I think I'll also try the Avon one Claire mentioned earlier.

Product name/shade: Max Factor Lash Perfection Mascara

Review: I bought this mascara because it had been featured as a favorite pick in InStyle, and I'm always on the quest for the perfect mascara. I'd have to say that this is up there with my YSL Everlong and others as one of my favorites. The brush has spiky rubber bristles that separates and fans the lashes out beautifully. I haven't had a single issue with clumps, and it stays put all day. My only minor issue was that for some reason i kept poking myself in the eye with the rubber bristles, which has never happened with any other mascara, and it hurt like he** because the spikes are quite sharp. But I've since moved past this!

Price: ~$6

Will purchase again: Not quite sure. I love this but I'm still looking for that HG mascara.

Where to find it: Online/Drugstores

300.jpg

^ Those rubber bristle brushes do wonders to prevent clumping. I really like them. I have tried a couple of L'Oreal mascaras recently that have the rubber spike bristles, but the L'Oreal wands are very flexible and don't work as well. The Max Factor wands are stiff, so the bristles really get between the lashes.

Product name/shade: Paul & Joe Moisturizing Compact Foundation

Review: This is a really great product. The formulation of the foundation is very nice, it comes in a good range of shades, and of course the packaging is very aesthetically pleasing. It's a very creamy formula, as the name indicates, and it provides anywhere from medium to full coverage depending on your application method.

My only gripe with this product is the sponge that it comes with-it's a piece of junk. It feels fine, but it causes the product to apply a bit streaky. I much prefer to use my MAC 187 brush if I have it handy. My skin is both very oily and very dry, but this foundation doesn't emphasize any flakies i might have and also doesn't make my face any oilier.

Price: ~$45 i believe

Will purchase again: This is also a maybe. I love this compact foundation, but there are a bunch more I need to try before I can settle down :rolleyes:.

Where to find it: Bergdorf Goodman/department stores in Japan

base18_p2.jpg
base18_p.jpg

^ Those rubber bristle brushes do wonders to prevent clumping. I really like them. I have tried a couple of L'Oreal mascaras recently that have the rubber spike bristles, but the L'Oreal wands are very flexible and don't work as well. The Max Factor wands are stiff, so the bristles really get between the lashes.

yeah i tried define-a-lash after falling in love with my YSL but not the price, but it really did nothing for me. i tend to be a beauty snob, but i have to say that i've been very impressed by max factor products :tup:.

Product name/shade: MAC Lipstick - Glaze in Pervette

Review: Rachel Bilson is wearing this on the current cover of Nylon Magazine. I'm always on the lookout for products that will give me perfect baby pink lips, so I HAD to try it.

The color is described on MAC's site as: Soft bright pink duochrome with violet opalescent shimmer. I think this is pretty accurate. It's soft and it definitely has a touch of purple. I don't know about the opalescent shimmer part-- to me it's just a little frosty. Between the color and the frost it looks a little 80's on me, so I don't think I'd wear it without a gloss on top (which is what the MUA at Nylon did). Also, my coloring is pretty neutral-- I wouldn't recommend this to people with a very warm yellow skintone.

The formula, however, is fabulous! This is my first MAC lipstick and I love the texture of it-- not sticky, not slippery, kept my lips moisturized for almost 5 hours after I put it on.

Price: $14

Will purchase again: Probably not in this color.

Where to find it: Maccosmetics.com (use code STROBE for free shipping), Nordstrom or Macys.

888525_128.jpg
it's the one on top

Product name/shade: Sonia Kashuk for Target hairbrush

Review: This brush is "inspired" by the famous Mason Pearson Bristle & Nylon hairbrush. The MP brush is said to reach every corner of the scalp to clean away scales (eew), resulting in a healthier scalp and hair... The only real differences between the MP and Sonia Kashuk versions is that the SK is all snythetic, rather than a mix of boar and snythetic, and the SK is not made by hand.

I'm not an avid hair brusher, meaning I don't do 100 strokes a day a la Marsha Brady or anything like that... I mostly just use my brushes to style my hair and brush out tangles. This brush is GREAT for smoothing hair when you're pulling it back. You won't get any lumps or bumps, and the multi-level bristles do feel good on the scalp. Maybe you have to buy the MP version to see miracle results, but given my infrequent brush use, I think I'd feel pretty ripped off if I spend $125 :shrugs:

I will say though: I had a few flakes from dry winter scalp before I started using the brush and they've gone away!

Price: $14.99

Will purchase again: I probably won't have to. But if I lose it, I'll buy another one.

Where to find it: Target

Some pics for comparison....

MP: SK:
JuniorMixture.jpg
41l13nWuxEL._AA262_.jpg

Product name/shade: Murad Professional Scalp Treatment Shampoo/Cond. for Thinning Hair (this is for Colore Treated Hair)

Review: (I have fine hair) This stuff is A-M-A-Z-E-I-N-G!!!! It smells GREAT....the bottles are 11.9 fl. oz, and it makes my colored hair soft and shiney like you would not believe. I am a product JUNKIE and never seems to finish anything. This is the first shampoo/cond I can think of that I have used to the last drop, and went to buy more!! (my mom does hair...so I have tried it all). It nourishes healty hair growth as well....which is always a plus!!

Price: $16.00

Will purchase again: You bet!!!!

Where to find it: Ulta

Product name/shade: Sonia Kashuk for Target hairbrush

Review: This brush is "inspired" by the famous Mason Pearson Bristle & Nylon hairbrush. The MP brush is said to reach every corner of the scalp to clean away scales (eew), resulting in a healthier scalp and hair... The only real differences between the MP and Sonia Kashuk versions is that the SK is all snythetic, rather than a mix of boar and snythetic, and the SK is not made by hand.

I'm not an avid hair brusher, meaning I don't do 100 strokes a day a la Marsha Brady or anything like that... I mostly just use my brushes to style my hair and brush out tangles. This brush is GREAT for smoothing hair when you're pulling it back. You won't get any lumps or bumps, and the multi-level bristles do feel good on the scalp. Maybe you have to buy the MP version to see miracle results, but given my infrequent brush use, I think I'd feel pretty ripped off if I spend $125 :shrugs:

I will say though: I had a few flakes from dry winter scalp before I started using the brush and they've gone away!

Price: $14.99

Will purchase again: I probably won't have to. But if I lose it, I'll buy another one.

Where to find it: Target

Some pics for comparison....

MP: SK:
JuniorMixture.jpg
41l13nWuxEL._AA262_.jpg

i'll have to pick this up this weekend :Push:. my wallet hates this thread :sweatdrop:.

I've been wanting that SK brush. I am an avid hair brusher, and I've been pretty disappointed in most of the more expensive ones I've tried (never tried MP). Think I'll go pick one up this weekend.

*MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA!*

Product name/shade: Lorac Oil-free Neutralizer

Review: My mom had a chemical peel around her eyes recently, and we bought some of this neutralizer to cover the residual redness before she went back to Jersey (and her BF) *lol*. This stuff is absolutely amazing! If anyone has trouble with blemishes or rosacea, I would definitely give this product a try.

Price: $30

Will purchase again: yes, for myself this time!

Where to find it: Sephora/online

P4196_hero.jpg

The redhead over here is wondering if this would help disguise the nasty sunburn I seem to get at least once every year, despite slathering myself with sunscreen...

Product name/shade: Creme de la Mer

Review: I bought this both to try on my face and on my SO's super dry hands. Lots of ladies swear by this cream, but I was extremely disappointed in it. I used it for several days, and it started to break me out a bit so I stopped. My skin is a bit oily and this product is far too heavy for my skin and it is also very heavily fragranced (which I don't like). My SO won't allow me to put it on his hands anymore as he says it makes him smell like a girl, so I've been trying to waste it by using it on my hands at night. My hands have actually felt drier during the day since I've been using it, but I'm not sure if it's the cream or the weather lately.

Price: $125

Will purchase again: Hell no!

Where to find it: www.cremedelamer.com or a snooty boutique near you!

LOL at this!

Product name/shade: Murad Professional Scalp Treatment Shampoo/Cond. for Thinning Hair (this is for Colore Treated Hair)

Review: (I have fine hair) This stuff is A-M-A-Z-E-I-N-G!!!! It smells GREAT....the bottles are 11.9 fl. oz, and it makes my colored hair soft and shiney like you would not believe. I am a product JUNKIE and never seems to finish anything. This is the first shampoo/cond I can think of that I have used to the last drop, and went to buy more!! (my mom does hair...so I have tried it all). It nourishes healty hair growth as well....which is always a plus!!

Price: $16.00

Will purchase again: You bet!!!!

Where to find it: Ulta

Thanks for this! I've been contemplating my next shampoo and conditioner purchase...

What a GREAT thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.