my first designer bag purchased + pictures!

boelieke

Aug 6, 2007
Hi everyone, let me briefly introduce myself: my name is Stephanie i live in Belgium , am a 20-year old economics student, and most importantly i have just purchased my first REAL bag! The marc by marc jacobs Dr. G groovee bag in white!

I was looking for a versatile bag, one that you can wear with any occasion and is not too small nor too big, i searched a lot on the internet and immediately fell in love with the Dr. Q groovee bag. At first i only came accross the grey patchwork version, but now i'm glad i sticked with my original love the white Dr. Q grovee bag!
I chose the white because i wanted it to match with every outfit, i wear a lot of brown and black, and i think brown bag with black outfit and visa versa doens't always match.

But now i'm in a dilemma, should i use a protective spray on it or not ? (it rains a lot here!) or should i just keep some sort of tissue in my bag when i go out to whipe it dry after i went outside ?

all you ladies with white or cream bags, what do you do to protect your bag ? does it suffer a lot from the rain? ( i haven't found applegard here..so i would have to use something else..)

and now finally here are the pictures!
As you can see from the pictures the short strap is just long enough for me to wear it on my shoulder. When i wore the longer strap, the bag was only filled with paper so i don't know yet if the shape of the bag will change when it is heavier.

enjoy!

wagaqx.jpg

fyojkm.jpg

ab3us9.jpg

fd9b4g.jpg

2s84awy.jpg

2vxemw5.jpg

mm67id.jpg

also sorry for my crappy english :angel:

great choice! it looks fantastic on you. i have never used any kind of protectant on my groovee. i've worn it on in rain, sleet, and snow. it's still just as soft as the first day i bought it. the leather on mbmj is super durable. since it's white, i would recommend getting some sort of leather cleaner just to have on hand in case of color transfer, dirt spots, dust marks, etc. aside from that, you should be fine. enjoy your new bag!

great choice! it looks fantastic on you. i have never used any kind of protectant on my groovee. i've worn it on in rain, sleet, and snow. it's still just as soft as the first day i bought it. the leather on mbmj is super durable. since it's white, i would recommend getting some sort of leather cleaner just to have on hand in case of color transfer, dirt spots, dust marks, etc. aside from that, you should be fine. enjoy your new bag!
thank you for your response, i think i'll just buy some sort of cleaner to use when there are some spots on it, i'm afraid that if i use the wrong product there will be some yellow spots or something.

i'm just so happy with it, i want it to stay as new-looking as possible :love: