Was I right to do this ? - a Really nice seller

That was nice...and the right thing to do IMO. I have done that on several occassions. I have told people what pictures to take to prove authenticity, what incorrect information to delete from their ad, and advised a seller of the retail price of a purse they got for Christmas. In the latter case my advice kept them from accepting a low-ball BIN and I wound up winning the bag in the end (because they didn't take my other advice and add more pics). While I think helping out a buyer usually raises the selling price and benefits the seller, it can also benefit a hesitant buyer when they receive additional info or photos. I don't do it expecting anything in return, but I do believe in helping others and in karma. Cheers to you and everyone else who helps out others! :flowers:

I've done it before as well, and it feels good when someone thanks you for taking a little time to help them out. If more people did this, the world would be a better place.

That was very nice of you! I have done this before, and people have also helped me out with my auctions before...sometimes it's nice to be reminded that there are still nice people out on ebay :smile:

UPDATE -

OMG OMG EVERYONE IM SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady who I e-mailed about her item sold the item for over $200 :nuts:, I cant believe it !!! Im really excited for her since she didnt know that they were worth this, she started her original auction at $1. WOW it just goes to show, help is handy !:yahoo:

That's great! I'm glad you were able to help her so much. I start my purses off really low to attract people, but I didn't know she started it at $1! That might have scared saavy buyers away (thinking it was a fake). :smile:

UPDATE -

OMG OMG EVERYONE IM SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady who I e-mailed about her item sold the item for over $200 :nuts:, I cant believe it !!! Im really excited for her since she didnt know that they were worth this, she started her original auction at $1. WOW it just goes to show, help is handy !:yahoo:

Oh boy is there some good karma headed your way!!! Better buy a lottery ticket:nuts:

I think it was a nice thing to do!

I've done this a couple of times - with relation to Balenciaga bags, if someone has listed the style, colour or retail price wrong, I will shoot them an email.

Although this probably wouldnt change how much they get for it, it just makes their auction more accurate.