Advice on how to Protect/Treat my RM!!

xIcyBluex

I want it.
Jul 15, 2007
I am currently waiting for five RMs in the mail and it suddenly struck me... do I need to use some sort of leather protector?

I know from previous browsing on the site that many owners of bbags and LVs use special sprays on their bags to protect/treat the leather. Do any of you treat your RM bags? If so, what do you use?

Also, with all these gorgeous bags coming, it looks like I am going to need a leather conditioner to keep them in good condition. Which conditioner do you use?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! :tup:

I use a leather protectant spray on mine, and it's in absolutely perfect condition (except for a few marks from the previous owner). I haven't used any conditioner on mine, and it is fine.

I have a Loving My Bags kit but haven't used any of it on my RMs yet. Only sprayed with Applegarde Rain & Stain.

I've never had a nice leather bag like this before so please excuse my many questions :yes:

I've heard so much about Applegarde on this forum, does it actually work? I am assuming that it is a coating on the bag, does it change the texture after it dries?

And whats this Loving My Bags kit? hehe It sounds like something I would buy hahaha :graucho:

Balihai posted the link to the 2 conditioners most recommended here. I've used both and they work really well. The shinier RM leathers don't need as much conditioning since they're pretty tough, but softer and untreated leathers benefit a lot from it. You'll notice the leather looks smoother after conditioning and light scratches will disappear. Be sure to test it on a small, hidden spot on your bag first!

Both Applegarde and Lovin My Bags sells kits that contain conditioner, cleaner, a little soft cloth, etc. LMB even has a kit formulated especially for Bbags.

I've heard good things about Coach leather conditioner and Wilson's spray as well.