What Are You Giving Up For Lent?

fabgrabs

Jun 12, 2007
Disclaimer: I don't intend this thread to be controversial, or to produce arguements for or against any religion, but to be a lighthearted place where those of us who observe Lent can come for support during these 40 days. :yes::upsidedown:

So, another Lent is upon us...what are those of you who observe giving up this year?

I am sacrificing magazines (my friends and mother tell me my magazine "habit" is more of a "hardcore addiction" :lol:), and ALL Starbucks. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

If i were relgious, I know I'd have to give up the purse forum for lent... but I'm not... sooo i guess i'll be around here for the next 40 days

^i hope that doesnt offend anyone...

You don't have to be religious to practice giving up things for Lent... I "gave up" soda a few years ago, and still have never gone back. And I also gave up fast foods one year and they're gone for good! If anything, its a fabulous way to drop a bad habit!

I know this isn't a traditional thing to "give up" but I'm going to work hard to take the words "retarded" and "gay" out of my vocabulary (in phrases such as "that's retarded..") I don't often use them that often at all, but I've caught myself a few times and I'd like to stop once and for all!

You don't have to be religious to practice giving up things for Lent... I "gave up" soda a few years ago, and still have never gone back. And I also gave up fast foods one year and they're gone for good! If anything, its a fabulous way to drop a bad habit!

I know this isn't a traditional thing to "give up" but I'm going to work hard to take the words "retarded" and "gay" out of my vocabulary (in phrases such as "that's retarded..") I don't often use them that often at all, but I've caught myself a few times and I'd like to stop once and for all!

I'm glad you've decided to remove those words from your vocabulary Vickitoria! Being the sister of a mentally challenged man makes me really sensitive to the use of the word "retarded". More power to you!

Hmmm... I was baptised Catholic, but Lent was never a big deal for me since I didn't follow the religion as it's percieved... what to give up? Hmmm...

There's so much I should give up, smoking, sodas, anger, candy, hmm... I'll have to think on this one. When does Lent start?

I'm giving up sugar and red meat for lent. I've actually never given up something for lent and stick to it, but I've been super close, it's all about the experience anyway.

I'm already doing Weight Watchers, not sure I can give up many more foods!

I was good apart from the wine at the pancake party last night ;)

I think I might try and give up e-bay. I spend a fortune on there