WAHOO! Got my PURPLE REISSUE 228 TODAY!!!

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Wahoo!!!!! after seeing all the photos from fellow tpfers who received the purple reissue, I was getting antsy that I was too far down on the waitlist at the BH Chanel. When I called 2.5 weeks ago (after seeing Mon's reissue), my SA, Jason, didn't really have a clue what I was talking about. I basically TOLD him - "there's a metallic purple reissue -- ok, 2.55, whatever you call it -- and I want it in the largest size you'll get it in. can I go on the waitlist?" Ever so pleasant with his Scottish accent, he said "sure, I'll put you in the computer right now. Is there any other color you'd like?" At the end of our conversation, he said he didn't know when the bags might arrive but he'd call me around Feb 15 with an update. Yes, FEB 15!

To be honest, as pics have floated on the forum, I was starting to think there's no way I was in time to get a good spot on that waitlist. The only positive is that so many want 227, not 228.
Yesterday jason left me a message saying he had my bag!!!!!!! :yahoo:But that I needed to get back him asap as there's a very long waitlist and he was being hounded as to whether I want the bag. I texted him at MIDNIGHT -- as soon as I heard his message --(figures! The one day I don't check my phone all day) and said "I'll be in tomorrow for MY bag. So sorry for the late night text!"

The Chanel gods were smiling on me as I was #2 on the waitlist!! Turns out that Jason didn't know what I was talking about when I called but within a day of my call, they received over 100 calls for the purple reissue waitlist. The BH waitlist is over 35 people long and the store only received 3 bags. he said there's only 1 bag showing up in the system in the country!

He also put me on the waitlist for the metallic blue 228:woohoo: even tho' I didn't ask for it. (I hadn't seen it yet so I didn't know I'd lust after it).

I can't wait to post pics and am planning to carry it at least two days this week. I'm leaning towards black (of course) and grey ... I only hope I have the wardrobe to do it justice!

I'm so in love with this bag .....:upsidedown:

ok ladies - here are the two outfits for my reissue. WARNING: I'm NO Larkie for anyone who's followed her incredible thread ....

#1. Grey pinstripe pantsuit with purple/grey striped shirt, and purple pony hair manolo booties. (sorry the booties took center stage in the pic)

#2. Basic black pantsuit with multi-colored top (hope you can see the purple in the top) and donald pliner pony hair slides. (Must have something with purple pony hair)

If LA weather remains stormy, will revert to basic black Manolo leather booties.

Will post pics of bag later!

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 827
CONGRATS!! :woohoo:Purple is my fav :love: I am still pondering on when I will get mine...meanwhile I am also waitlisted on the navy too :P as I'd consider to buy them both if I get the chance to :graucho:

Brenda

I thought I'd post some pics of the purple reissue 228 next to the black anniversary reissue 228. You can see the added depth and the thicker chain on the purple reissue and it's not vintage-y.

Wow ... this is considered 'bling' for me:P ... sometimes we gotta live on the wild side, right?

I forgot to say "THANKS to all the INTEL from this forum." Without it, I'd have missed out.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 718
Reactions: HC00