MC Speedy Questions

kimosa

Jun 22, 2007
I'm pretty sure my next purse is going to be a white multicolor speedy. I had a few questions about it before I get it so I can be ready....;)

- How long does the vachetta take to turn the nice tan color?
- Will it still turn the nice tan color in the closet unused, untouched?
- Is it possible to clean the vachetta if dirty?
- Does the white get dirty really easily?
- Does it come with that tan leather locket piece that hangs from the handles? (I've seen some without & don't know what it's called) :shame:

Not a MC owner myself, but can help w/majority of your questions:

A-Depends on frequency of use and weather. The more contact w/skin's natural oil and warm, the faster the patina process

A-very slow, it might take years to notice the patina.

A-to a certain point. Marker/Pen marks can't be removed 100%, but baby wipe, Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser, saddle soap, or baby powder (to soak up liquid stains) can help reduce/remove stain.

A-Sorry can't help on this part, but so far my Azur speedy is still flawless since Oct 06

- Does it come with that tan leather locket piece that hangs from the
handles? (I've seen some without & don't know what it's called)
A-it's call 'Clochette', and yes it does come w/MC speedy purchase. You can always purchase additional if need extra (but don't come w/key), priced @ 20 before price increase.

Good luck finding your favorite color combo!

PS. to achieve an 'even tan' for the vachetta, place it next to window when sun is out, switch sides, top, under handles in equal length of time interval. Avoid tanning out door if possible; a fly by bird pooped on one unfortunate PFer's brand new BH strap. :flowers:

I'm pretty sure my next purse is going to be a white multicolor speedy. I had a few questions about it before I get it so I can be ready....;)

- Does it come with that tan leather locket piece that hangs from the handles? (I've seen some without & don't know what it's called) :shame:

I've owned a few MC pieces

-this takes time- sometimes you can tan the bag in the sun or you can leave it to 'normal' use- anywhere between 1 month to years.
-yep!! I've bought closet MC Speedy's that have a very nice even honey patina
-well- it's possible but be careful of magic eraser and baby wipes- both dry out the leather majorly
-nope- this is canvas just like mono- things will wipe off with baby wipes
-the clochette? the ones from the store do!

yay! congrats on your future bag purchase! MC Speedy is a stunner!!!!!!

I have a white MC speedy. Bought at Boston Saks.

I had it for almost two years and it is quite pale (got little tan). I don't take her out too often from her dustbag (closet). If you store it inside the dustbag and the closet, I don't think it will turn into the nice tan color in anytime soon. I had it for two years, but it got just vague tan.

You can clean the vachetta on the handle yet I have not done so...No need so far...it is very clean.

The canvas is clean and white as the day one. I was extremely careful with it, but I don't think it can get dirty easily. I have four year old daughter so.. you can imagine my ordinary day out.

Yes. I have that key-cover leather piece(don't know the name myself!). It is my favorite piece of the bag!

I love my MC speedy and it is just gorgeous. :tup:

Thanks for the answers guys, they are really appreciated. I guess when I get my bag later that I should use it frequently to tan it fast lol.

So after it gets that nice tan, can I be less careful with the vachetta like carrying it around in my hands & such without worrying about it like when I first get it :?:

My white MC ursula gets dirty easily, but i can erase it with a pencil eraser. However, it already has color transfer from the black jacket that i wore before. So just be careful in choosing your clothes. White bags need more extra care than the black one. In black, you don;t need to worry about anything