MJ Valentine's Day 2008 Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Melly

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
:heart::heart:MJ Valentine's Day 2008 Random Acts of Kindness Gift Exchange:heart::heart:

What it is:
This program is similar to a "secret santa" gift exchange. You will be randomly assigned a buddy who you can send a small gift to through the postal mail this Valentines Day (February 14th). You can send cards, sweets, trinkets, magazines, books, cosmetics, goodies, etc.; anything you think would be fun to brighten his/her day! You can even decorate the package/envelope using MJ themes. The goal is to perform a "random act of kindness" for another person!

Rules:
This program is for active tPF members who regularly post in the Marc Jacobs Forum only. If you would like to participate in this exchange, you will be expected to send one small gift to your assigned buddy before February 14th. You will be also expected to post pictures of gifts you receive from your buddy in this thread for the enjoyment of other participants. Participants from any country may enter. You will be matched up with a buddy who agrees to send mail to your region. You should expect to spend $25 (or more if you choose) on your assigned buddy for this one gift. Due to concerns raised in the past please do not re-gift or send samples and other freebies as the majority of your package. Obviously, you are not expected to send MJ merchandise as gifts!

How to participate:
1. PM me (Melly) your e-mail address, postal address, and full name. Please be sure I will not distribute your information to anyone except for your buddy. Also specify if you are male or female, and your regional preference for your buddy (list countries you will mail to) or International OK if you have no preference. All entries must be received by January 31st to participate in this exchange!

2. I will e-mail you the information for your buddy by February 1st. You can research your buddy's preferences on tPF posts, or prepare to send them any fun gifts you think they will like. Participants are encouraged to use MJ themes to decorate the envelopes/packaging if possible. (Think ribbons, old MJ bags and boxes, magazine clippings, computer printouts, etc.)

3. Over the upcoming holiday (February 14, 2008), please send your buddy one small gift for their enjoyment! If you notice a sad post by your buddy in the forum, maybe you want to cheer them up! Or if you see a happy post you can congratulate them. You may reveal your identity to them in your package.

4. You will be receiving gifts from a different buddy in the mail! When you receive gifts from your buddy, please post pictures of them in this thread.

(Special thanks to stefania from the LV forum for allowing me to use and modify her RAOK Sign-up and Rules!)