White bag?

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
As I've mentioned in another thread, I am in love with the new Slim Carly - I absolutely love it in the white but do not know how practical that is. I've never owned a white bag before. So for those of you that own white bags -

Do they really turn yellow? (thought I heard something along this)

Do they get dirty easy?

I wear denim about 90% off the time, will it rub off on my bag? If so, can
I clean it off?

When I get a bag I'll likely use the same bag every day for weeks or even months and I don't want to have to worry constantly about something getting on my bag. Is the white completely impractical for me then?

Thanks for your help!

Linda

Attachments

• slimcarlywhite.jpg
    slimcarlywhite.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 35
I heard they easily turn grey after time, but I've had white bags turn yellow too. You can always Appleguard it and just be really careful. And yes, denim will rub off... it does on Damier Azur and it will for all things white. I think it can come off, but it's never a guarantee... KWIM?

I think white is kind of impractical if you want a bag that you don't have to worry about getting dirty.

I love white leather bags too! Spraying with Shining Monkey protector will help with the yellowing, etc, but yes to all of your questions concerning dirt and colorations. Any light colored bag will easily get jeans bleed and get dirty, especially if you use it daily. Sometimes you can remove the jeans bleed with baby wipes, but not all the time. My advice is to find something like a patchwork bag or a darker color that will go with most things to use for the summer... ones that won't show the dirt so easily.

I have a white ali and I Love her! :love: I wear denim everyday and bright colored shirts and she looks so great with them and I have had no issues with color transfer or anything at all. :tup: I don't overly baby my bags but I am not totally reckless with them either. Enjoy what you love and Good Luck! :tup:

Just my 2 cents, but I'm not a big fan of white bags at all. They remind me of Elvis. Not sure why, they just do!

Elvis - BWAH! :lol:

I absolutely love to see a white bag paired with a black leather jacket! I am always admiring them on others. Hmmm, perhaps one with white trim is a good idea - I've seen some of the khaki/white pair-ups that looked really nice. I've never owned a signature bag though, I've always gone for all leather. On the slim carly I like it paried with the brown strap.

Hmmm, I don't know what I'll do..I do so love them but I would be heartbroken if it got stained or ruined. I'm one of those people that those little imperfections would drive nuts, if a little blue got on there that would be the first thing I saw every time I looked at the bag. :shocked: Hmmm I am thinking maybe a khaki signature mix with white may be the way to go....

Linda