is the gigi practical?

mhm

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
there's been a lot of hype about the gigi, especially with all the celebs carrying it, but i was wondering just how practical the gigi is for an everyday handbag.
it doesn't seem like it can easily be placed on the floor...doesn't it fall on its side?
and since it has a dogleash closure, doesn't stuff fall out when its on its side?
hmm...any feedback would be appreciated! :tup:

I had this in clay and returned it because it folded right over in half. So when I put my stuff in it, and sat it down it folder over right thru the middle. I kind of regret returning it now because I reeeally want a grey bag and it doesn't look like Coach is going to continue that color.
I may purchase this again in the future on ebay.

Do you think the Gigi would make a good laptop bag? I would probably prefer a bag that zips close as a laptop bag. And is the leather Gigi really heavy, say if you carried a laptop in it?

i had one and returned it because it didn't stay on my shoulder. but i love the color (clay) and the style...so i'm thinking of getting the MJ Faridah in cray since it's still large, has pockets and is gray.

but i LOVE the style of the GIGI and would like something similar if possible.

They also had a suede embossed Leigh. I really don't remember the color. That was marked something crazy high but it was in an area where they had a 20% off sign. There were also a couple leather legacy satchels.