Home & Garden Favorite Candle Scent

mshel

I Love Summer
Jan 4, 2007
What candle scent is your favorite and why?

Inexpensive: Yankee Candle: Midsummer's Night
It's very masculine and clean. My all-time favorite for years now

Expensive: Afraid to go there...don't need another 'obsessive investment' LOL

I love the yankee candle in cleancotton that smell reminds me of detergent. I like any crisp clean smells.my scents for candles are all pretty much the same such as cottage breeze, island spa, sun and sand! yummy smells remind me of fresh air! im not one for cookie smells and I hate anything peach reminds me of the day after a big drink fest of fuzzy navels! yuck highschool days!

I buy the Laura Mercier Creme brulee candles. Yep they are expensive, but you only need one to scent the whole home, and it lasts ages.

I have tried all of them, and that and the John Galliano Diptyque ones are the ones I adore the most

:smile:

Reactions: Fahiondecor
I was just on-line a few minutes ago trying to decide which candles to order. I love having them burning in the winter...especially in my downstairs powder room.

Right now I'm using Zents' in Mandarin and another one in Fig. I don't particularly care for them so I'm trying to use them up. LOL!

This is a good thread. I needed some new ideas.

I love Yankee Candle's Spiced Pumpkin. I used to love Banana Nut Bread too but they discontinued it :sad:

I also love their holiday candle Christmas Eve.

I love WoodWick candles too because the wick is wood (hence the name :P) and it crackles as it burns. I have one in Almond Orange and bought my grandmother one in Cinnamon Chai - both smell so good!

What candle scent is your favorite and why?
Inexpensive: Yankee Candle: Midsummer's Night
It's very masculine and clean. My all-time favorite for years now

^ I LOVE that one too! It smells like sexy men's cologne :graucho:

I also like Yankee's Mistletoe scent a lot. It's very clean and pine-y.

There's a woman nearby who owns a primitive country style home decorating store and she sells these rustic handmade candles that are TDF! I bought my mom an Apple Dumpling one that smells sooooo good-- it doesn't have that nasty chemical cinnamon smell because it's all natural. It smells like homemade applesauce cooking on the stove!

My favorite Yankee Candles are Mistletoe, Sugarplum and anything spicy like Harvest or Sparkling Cinnamon.

I also like Diptyque - I have one at home, but I forget which one scent it is. I'd love a Jo Malone candle, but $$$$$$

yankee: anything sweet smelling.

I've been meaning to try one of the expensive brands to see are they really better.

Edit: Yeah, Jo Malone is the one I read alot about. Are they really all the rave?

Circle E-Bird of Paradise. It's a really sweet smeel and it will smell up a good portion of your house after only burning for 10 min. or so. It's about $25 for a big one, I've never bought a candle more expensive than that.

Votivo's Sea Island Grapefruit is amazing. It's fresh smelling and strong.

My other favorite is Diptyque's Roses. Even DH loves this scent and asks to buy more when we run out!