New abbey medium hobo

That's a real nice bag. :smile: I don't know if I can offer any insight but I've got that in pink and I'm almost a whole foot shorter than you and it looks big-ish on me but not overly big. I think it'll look fine on you. :yes:

Thanks! Can't wait to get it, except now I'm dying to get the medium messenger bag with the red and green strap. I guess that one will be available whenever I want it, but the abbey was a steal from Bluefly so it's better I got it now.

i'm impressed you didn't make a purchase for 9 months! good self control!!!!

It was less self control and more the DH factor. Unfortunately, he knows how much these bags are and thinks I'm a little nuts. But he's sweet enough to let me get away with the once or twice a year expensive bag purchases as long and they are on sale. And in return I let him get away with the latest and greatest electronic purchase or a new car mod.

You know what. It came today and I didn't love it like I thought I would. It felt a little too rigid for my taste. Even my husband agreed that it just isn't my style. I love the bag independently, but on me it just seems like an ill fit. I'm going to send it back and go get the medium messenger with the red and green strap. I just love that bag and I figure there will always be more black bags to choose from.

Okay, so I did decide to return the black abbey - it's just too rigid for me. Instead, I went to Fashion Valley yesterday and picked up the Gucci medium messenger.

181092_F4F5R_9791_full.jpg

Then I went over to Nordstrom and they had this Coach bag for half off - $248. I normally don't like the Coach signature, but the color was just soooo yummy. What do you girls think?

01.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

Okay, so I did decide to return the black abbey - it's just too rigid for me. Instead, I went to Fashion Valley yesterday and picked up the Gucci medium messenger.

View attachment 331139

Then I went over to Nordstrom and they had this Coach bag for half off - $248. I normally don't like the Coach signature, but the color was just soooo yummy. What do you girls think?

View attachment 331142 View attachment 331143 View attachment 331144 View attachment 331145

Both great choices! Congrats! And I agree with the above posters about your amazing self control.