Make up hater falls in love with Bare Escentuals!!!

I love the BE eye shadows and glimmers. Celestine glimmer is my favorite. I just bought the same starter kit from Sephora and I'm just starting to use it. I really like mineral veil. Next I plan to try the eye liner.

I've had the kit for a while but I haven't used it until I just got home from school and I've been wearing it every day. I love it so much. It gives me color without looking fake which is what I need since I'm so pale.

I absolutely love this stuff. I've been using it for 8 years and have never had a problem with breakouts or irritation. I feel yucky with liquid foundation on my skin, since this is all I use. I highly recommend it and would never try a drugstore version.

I love this line. It's grat how you can even sleep in it without causing crazy damage to your skin. Its so light and fresh feeling. Now, I would be lost without it. I gave a starter kit to my little sister for Christmas and now she is hooked on it too.

I bought the BE starter kit and love the way MMU applies. However, I noticed that it settles in the little lines in my face (lines I didn't even know I had)! So, I embarked upon a search. I bought samples and testers from Everyday Minerals, Aromaleigh and Lumiere. The foundation that works best for me is Lumiere's Flawless Finish (which is for dry to normal skin). They have other formulations for normal to oily, combination, etc.

The eyeshadows from all the lines are nice, and I have so many samples my makeup drawers are like treasure chests. I like Aromaleigh's blush best. I like Everyday Minerals, too. The line I like least is Bare Minerals/Escentuals. It is too drying and the color of the base in the fair kit was too yellow for me.

If you like eye shadow then they have good stuff like that with lots of really pretty colors. They also have amazing brushes that are really good with your skin and work the best with the makeup.

I haven't tried it but I got my friend, sister and mom on it. (My sister lives in the US so she can buy it anytime from Sephora). For X'mas she got my mom this set made with real gold. It looks pretty awesome. As for me, I have been using Youngblood mineral foundation and it was working pretty well (before the container crashed open on my bathroom floor). I don't think it has the bismuth oxychloride so it might be an option in case BE doesn't work out.

Just to add, have you ever tried the Murad Acne Complex kit? It has made my skin suuuuuper clear. My cousin tried it overnight and in the morning she noticed some of them disappeared and her acne wasnt as red as it was the night before! HTH!

I am an ADDICTED Bare Escentuals mineral makeup fan!!!

I also have a website that follows my addictions, it's called BEaddicts.com

If something made your skin react, it's most likely the Mineral Veil. I have dry skin and it made my skin itch something fierce. I found my addicts website and they helped clear up the misconceptions on BE and steered me torwards the right products.

I hope this helps some! :tup:

I love BE. I have suffered from acne and still get blemishes. I find the foundation to be the best for covering any scarring or pigmentation. The best thing is that it does not feel heavy and I forget that i even have it on. I have got my friend on it who has also had problems with acne and she wouldnt be without it either. I wear it practically everyday and couldnt leave the house without it.

Good for you! It's always great when you find "your" foundation :yes:
One of my friends uses it and it looks horrible one her. It makes her look like a ghost, but that's only because she uses the wrong shade.
My other friend, however, uses the right shade and it look fabulous on her. Very natural- looking.
I guess it all depends on how you put it on and what shade you use.

it's funny, some ppl said that BE contains bismuth (which isn't good for ppl with oily/acne prone skin), but then some ppl with acne said they can't live w/o BE. hmmmm? I wanna try BE, but the bismuth thingy scares me. I don't want to do a trial and error too. Might as well try EM that doesn't have bismuth.

I had a problem finding a foundation that didn't melt off of my face during the sweaty summer, and one that wouldn't cause extra breakouts, which my skin is prone to. I finally decided to try BE in 2004, and I am SO HAPPY with it! I also had a problem with it settling into fine lines on my face, but for Xmas my mother purchased the Diamond something set from Sephora and it has this AMAZING brush called the Full Flawless Brush which is like a combination between the brushes in the starter kits. AMAZING!!!!! I finally have the complexion I have been dreaming of since my acne-nightmare began!