Make up hater falls in love with Bare Escentuals!!!

Just to add, have you ever tried the Murad Acne Complex kit? It has made my skin suuuuuper clear. My cousin tried it overnight and in the morning she noticed some of them disappeared and her acne wasnt as red as it was the night before! HTH!

I tried this Murad Kit and it made my skin dry out within a day and it started peeling and got all red and blotchy. So I tried Proactiv and use it once a day, only at night.

I recently bought Bare Minerals 2 months ago...I NEVER EVER wore makeup before except on special occasions b/c I would break out if I used makeup. I also bought MD Formulations adult acne kit which they sell at the store. My results have been AMAZING! My acne has cleared up and I have been able to wear makeup every single day and feel good about my skin!! I have suffered from acne for 10+ yeas and this has been the only thing to work!!I am so excited! I would reccomend this product to anyone!

Not to mention I feel like I don't even have makeup on! And I love mineral veil!! Makes my skin look flawless!!!

I also bought "Rareminerals" a few weeks ago. It's a night time treatment as well as a makeup. You put it on right before you go to bed. I love it so far. I have noticed my pores have gotten smaller and my skin is smoother!!

Just a warning...I am allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride (found out from using Clinique many years ago and getting a rash ALL over my face!!!) and didn't know at first that BE had it as an ingredient. Well, I tried it and loved it for the first two days, until I got the worst allergic reaction I've EVER had. It wasn't acne at all, it was a fine rash of tiny red bumps that itched and burned. My skin also became very dry and flaked off, especially on my eyelids. It took over a month for it to return to normal, which for me is clear, non-acne prone skin with an occasional breakout around that time of the month. It's still a lot drier than it used to be.

I was so disappointed and returned it to Sephora. Then I ordered an Everyday Minerals trial pack, because it had no bismuth in it, but I got the SAME rash. I was really disappointed yet again, because I know that lots of people enjoy and love the MMU. Now I just stay away from mineral makeup altogether...I think it's safer that way!!

i'm about to try this stuff out myself. i'm really excited but got scared cause i have a cystic acne problem. but then i realized that my cystic acne is hormonal, if you get cystic acne the week before or after your period, it's not an outside cause, and BE shouldn't affect your skin enough to cause cysts. but if you do feel that itchy feeling you should probably stop...

Wow, thanks for the info... My face and neck have been itching a lot lately, and I haven't been able to figure out why, maybe this is it?
does anyone know if Everyday Minerals contains that ingredient as well?

Everyday Minerals does not contain bismuth oxychloride (BO). In my opinion it is the only mineral make-up brand with 100% organic and kind ingredients. You just have to select an appropriate formula out of 4, for your skin type, refer to their FAQ page. One of them goes on like a cream texture just like BE does. I heard that make-up containing BO is best if you have combination skin, as oily and dry skin will eventually suffer from BO in a matter of time.

I have the kit also, and I like it so far. It feels a lot more breathable than other makeup and so far hasn't made me break out. It's my favorite makeup right now.

For those who are thinking of trying it, a kit is the way to go. Every store has a different kit in the same packaging. I can't decide if the best deal is Sephora or Nordstrom (which has an extra blush and compact for $15 more).

Sephora $60:
31vlHx--7yL._AA250_.jpg

nordstrom $75:
_5262906.jpg

But note that QVC's deal is bare bones (2 fewer brushes, 1 less revver upper) $40.92:
a3509.001

For even barer bones (no brushes), you can go to everydayminerals.com and get the free kit ($3.95 shipping):
http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=kits

I just got the bare minerals too! So far I love it and have not had any reaction to it. I have dry/rosacea skin. But my one complaint is that I can't seem to get it to look even around the corners of my nose where my pores are. Other than that it's fabulous and I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it. I hope it will work well in the summer too.

Everyday Minerals does not contain bismuth oxychloride (BO). In my opinion it is the only mineral make-up brand with 100% organic and kind ingredients. You just have to select an appropriate formula out of 4, for your skin type, refer to their FAQ page. One of them goes on like a cream texture just like BE does. I heard that make-up containing BO is best if you have combination skin, as oily and dry skin will eventually suffer from BO in a matter of time.

I stopped using BM, and no more itching! :flowers: I received my order from Everyday Minerals and tried it for the first time this morning. I can't really say what I think yet, as I ordered a bunch of different colors to make sure I got the right one, and so far I've only tried two. I'm thinking that mineral make up accentuates my fine lines and pores, though :s:s but it looks better in pictures than my liquid foundation does. That being said, BM looks better in pictures than the EM original glo formula. I'm going to try some other formulas before making up my mind about how I like it. One of the brushes (I *think* it's the long handle kabuki brush) was very soft :flowers: