"Jet Set" lifestyle.

I LOVE to travel, but unfortunately Ive never been out of the country(USA). Although, Ive been to almost every State in the Country! lol. We usually go on 2 or 3 vacations each year. All of them are road trips, neither of us really like to fly, but I would if it were to go out of the country! haha. My first out of the Country vacation will be to Panama, where my SO's Mom was born and raised. My SO has been there, and he always talks about how beautiful it is, I cant wait to go!

This sounds EXACTLY like me. I love travelling, but do it mostly in the US. You know, New York, Miami. In fact, I didn't take my first flight until this past July. My first vacation abroad will be to Ecuador (where the BF lived before coming here and where his family is from), hopefully, in the spring. My BF's sister has invited all of us down for her birthday bash. I haven't even as much as gotten a passport yet, but I'm SO looking forward to it! I hope I can see Galapagos!

I would like to live like that as I think I would like it. I love to travel and think its so exciting to see places around the world. My niece lives that kind of life. At 17 she went to HS in France, taught in schools in Italy, went to Cuba & lived in Columbia where she met her now husband. I'm curious if she will slow down though now that she is having a baby.

people think i'm a jet setter because i travel a lot for work, and my bf lives in another country, so i am on a plane every other month at the least.

i assure you, i am NOT a jet setter. traveling is draining, and not having all of your clothes/bags at your finger tips totally blows.

i sort of did that. i took a study abroad program in england and travelled throughout europe while i was studying. i've since moved here and settled down. i still want to travel but i always miss my home and my boyfriend when i am away

I was a flight attendant for 7 years and and got burnt out. Just like what trolley dolly has mentioned, it is stressful!!! Loved the perks of the job and travelling around the world but it came to a point where I felt "Been there, done that." Now, I cant even get myself to hop on a plane.....even if its just a one hour flight :nuts:LOL And the slightest turbulence freaks me out, not to mention having to deal with motion sickness. How ironic :girlsigh:

I know exactly how you feel, one of my bosses used to be a flight-attendant + told me that doing it for 30 years is just more than enough.

x

I love to travel and often, not as much as i did in previous years bc of school but everytime i have time off I try and go somewhere, although lately I just go to Hawaii bc I'm obsessed with it, lol.

DH and I LOVE to travel! We've been all over the US and Hawaii plus Australia, New Zealand, London, Paris, all over Italy. We're hoping to go to Asia next year. But all of our trips depend on getting time off work since travel isn't part of our jobs.
Maybe that's why we love to "get away from it all"! :lol:

lets look at it this way. A Jet Set lifestyle means you a. Are wealthy. b. are traveling in F (primarily) or maybe J ( but probably not) and going places far, far away for enjoyment and social purposes. Jetsetting does not mean you are a. Working on a plane as an FA OR Pilot or B. Traveling for work in J ( I fall in this category) or c. traveling in Coach ( work or pleasure).

So - I assume the OP is asking if one likes a lifestyle with tons of travel? If so - yes I do. I wasn't even at home for the month of September or November this year. Am I an official Jet Setter? hell no. My time in F (international) is non existent and I work in Asia.. a ton. I get over there mostly in J (business). I travel in J on fare sales for personal travel. Certainly NOT a Jet Set lifestyle which would demand premium fares and cabins.

Erm.. ok. So did I screw any of this up? :smile:

This sounds EXACTLY like me. I love travelling, but do it mostly in the US. You know, New York, Miami. In fact, I didn't take my first flight until this past July. My first vacation abroad will be to Ecuador (where the BF lived before coming here and where his family is from), hopefully, in the spring. My BF's sister has invited all of us down for her birthday bash. I haven't even as much as gotten a passport yet, but I'm SO looking forward to it! I hope I can see Galapagos!

I gotta ask.. where in Equador? I went down a few years back for a BF (that is Best Friend)s mom's b-day bash and it rocked. This was in Quito. Get thee a passport and go have some fun. And - PACK SOME DAY CLOTHING IN YOUR CARRY-ON!! Lol - I had my bag (and my friend's also) tossed from the plane and we were without clothing for 3 days. At the very minimum make sure your swimming suit is with you. And have a great time!!!!!

What do you think about "jet set" lifestyle?
-It's cool especially when you can just get away and enjoy different weather climates, cultures, and different pace of life.
Do you know any jet set people?
- Yes. They like to travel in groups, "meet up" in LA, Hawaii, Barcelona, Paris, Mallorca, Bali and other countries every year.
Could you live like that..?
-I did before I had kids. Now with a rambunctious 1 yr old, it's too stressful just to think of what to pack (carseat, stroller, pack and play, diapers, formula, etc). So not until he can walk,feed himself, and refrain from throwing any tantrums. lol

lets look at it this way. A Jet Set lifestyle means you a. Are wealthy. b. are traveling in F (primarily) or maybe J ( but probably not) and going places far, far away for enjoyment and social purposes. Jetsetting does not mean you are a. Working on a plane as an FA OR Pilot or B. Traveling for work in J ( I fall in this category) or c. traveling in Coach ( work or pleasure).

So - I assume the OP is asking if one likes a lifestyle with tons of travel? If so - yes I do. I wasn't even at home for the month of September or November this year. Am I an official Jet Setter? hell no. My time in F (international) is non existent and I work in Asia.. a ton. I get over there mostly in J (business). I travel in J on fare sales for personal travel. Certainly NOT a Jet Set lifestyle which would demand premium fares and cabins.

Erm.. ok. So did I screw any of this up? :smile:

Yes, I think a lot of people misunderstood the OP's question. I am on a plane twice a month to go back to visit my family, and I travel A LOT (coach and business) but that doesn't make me a jet setter.

At one time I traveled so much I was technically homeless for 6 months. I moved out of one residence and didn't get back and find a new place until 6 months later.

I'm glad I had the experience but I've settled down since then. Now I gladly stay home and hope to have a quiet life.

edited to add:
I just read the other posts so I'll focus more on the glamour than the actual travel.
Yes I used to have a jet-set life. I hung out with playboys and models, rode around in fancy cars, lived in palaces and spent gobs and gobs of money. Meh.