"Jet Set" lifestyle.

The bad thing about that lifestyle is the drugs. I never did any drugs but I saw plenty of girls who started out young and fabulous end up in really bad shape. It's best to go into that scene with your eyes wide open, realizing the role you are playing. I'm not rich, nor am I a business mogul. I was invited to the party to be eye candy and I knew it from day one. I was in the lifestyle but not of it. If that makes sense.

lets look at it this way. A Jet Set lifestyle means you a. Are wealthy. b. are traveling in F (primarily) or maybe J ( but probably not) and going places far, far away for enjoyment and social purposes. Jetsetting does not mean you are a. Working on a plane as an FA OR Pilot or B. Traveling for work in J ( I fall in this category) or c. traveling in Coach ( work or pleasure).

So - I assume the OP is asking if one likes a lifestyle with tons of travel? If so - yes I do. I wasn't even at home for the month of September or November this year. Am I an official Jet Setter? hell no. My time in F (international) is non existent and I work in Asia.. a ton. I get over there mostly in J (business). I travel in J on fare sales for personal travel. Certainly NOT a Jet Set lifestyle which would demand premium fares and cabins.

Erm.. ok. So did I screw any of this up? :smile:

^Yup I actually meant that. :smile:

I know a "jet set" couple. I dont think I would want that.

Im such a homebody. I love living the simple life. a Vaca here and there would do me good.

but Paris on Monday and Russia on Tuesday and so forth, thats not for me

my "jet set" is today the post office, tommorow the spa!! LMAO

I gotta agree with Christine on her definition. Just because you travel a lot for business and sit in less than first class, that does not qualify you as truly jetset. We all have different conceptions and definitions of what it really means to be jetset. If you are jetset you arrive in a limo with all your designer luggage (aged to perfection, natch) and hop onto your chartered plane, or maybe it's your friend's plane, and fly off to somewhere fabulous.

Chanel's S/S Cruise 2008 RTW line exemplifies jetset to me. It's excess, fabulous, and mostly unattainable for regular people.

Is "Jet Set" only meant for leisure? Or just traveling around the world? If it is the latter, then yes, i have the "jet set" lifestyle. I work in fashion and I fly to London and Paris almost every other week for work. And, as in fashion, after shows, there are parties. those 2 come hand in hand..you almost are obligated to go to parties, just to network and "show your face." The first year was tremendously fun and fabulous..but now, it is such a chore. I think people over glamorous many things in fashion, simply bc they do not know how "empty" it really is. i feel lucky to have been able to work and pay my bills (and bags) modeling but after 6 yrs, i am so over it. at the end of the day, i rather snuggle on the couch w/ my husband and watch TV, over any "jet set" lifestyle.

Is "Jet Set" only meant for leisure? Or just traveling around the world? If it is the latter, then yes, i have the "jet set" lifestyle. I work in fashion and I fly to London and Paris almost every other week for work. And, as in fashion, after shows, there are parties. those 2 come hand in hand..you almost are obligated to go to parties, just to network and "show your face." The first year was tremendously fun and fabulous..but now, it is such a chore. I think people over glamorous many things in fashion, simply bc they do not know how "empty" it really is. i feel lucky to have been able to work and pay my bills (and bags) modeling but after 6 yrs, i am so over it. at the end of the day, i rather snuggle on the couch w/ my husband and watch TV, over any "jet set" lifestyle.

I am about to get married and I feel the same way. I enjoyed the jet-set life for many years. Went to or worked the shows etc.... Did some showroom and print work. I paid for bags, bills and eventually law school with my earnings.

I found a man who loves me (oh he adores me) and he doesn't know the difference between a fish fork and a pitch fork. And I love him for it!

Looking back I don't regret a thing. I still have ALL the jewelry from my jet-set days! :P
And I learned a lot about human nature.

Five years ago I used to wake up in the morning and I needed a few minutes to remember where I was, what country, what language, what currency.
Now, I wake up in the same house every day. My love greets me with a steaming cup of coffee. This is the most beautiful life I could have ever imagined.

I gotta ask.. where in Equador? I went down a few years back for a BF (that is Best Friend)s mom's b-day bash and it rocked. This was in Quito. Get thee a passport and go have some fun. And - PACK SOME DAY CLOTHING IN YOUR CARRY-ON!! Lol - I had my bag (and my friend's also) tossed from the plane and we were without clothing for 3 days. At the very minimum make sure your swimming suit is with you. And have a great time!!!!!

The boyfriend is from Guayaquil...so that's where we'll be headed if we can make the trip. But since reading your post I'm thinking about trying to get to Quito, too, while I'm there. Thanks for the tips!

:tup:

"Five years ago I used to wake up in the morning and I needed a few minutes to remember where I was, what country, what language, what currency."

Wow la miss, how many places you visited? :smile: I'm sure it was exciting time. What's your favorite jet set resort? :upsidedown:
I'm curious I know!

My parents did it in the late 70's- early 80's. Their stories are unbeatable. Hanging out with Diana Ross on the Concorde than going out for drinks in London, the Orient Express, all the right restaurants, hotels, and shops. My mom was even featured in French Vogue. One day I will totally do it- no question about it.

Jet set to me is what la miss & kam described. Would love to see the jewelry!
DH & I travel twice a year to Europe, about a month each time. And about 4 times a year in US/Hawaii, 2 weeks each trip. No expense is spared, first class seats, 5 star hotels & resorts, expensive meals, buy whatever we want, etc.. This is a hobby we share together. But we don't do parties, at least not the type mentioned here. lol And we go to bed early. I would think one would be under 40 also to be considered a jet setter. Even traveling the way we do beats us up.
Please tell more las miss, miss alice, & kam!