How in goodness name do you drive in Heels?

i cannot drive in heels forget that i cana't even drive in wedges i feel like they are a barrier between me and the brake/accelarator. It's weird but i'm too scared

I think it depends on the type of car and the position of the pedals too. In my Jeep, the pedals are sorta under me, so to speak, and that makes maneuvering with heels easier. When I'm in the sports car, the pedals are more in front of me, and I have a problem with tall heels then. Usually, I just slip off the heels when I think I run the risk of either getting the heel stuck or delaying a brake reaction that might cause an accident. :shrugs:

That is interesting!! I drive a coupe, and I remeber when i was driving I had on heels (CL) platforms, so I was going faster than I wanted to or when i hit the breaks I guess my foot pressed down more than I wanted to. I cant really feel the gas pedal or the brakes like with barefoot.

Can you guys like tell me how exactly do you drive in heels? really appreciate it!

hmm...let's see...

I drive a manual which means one more pedal to deal with but I find that I don't rest my heel on the floor when I depress the clutch or the brake. I use my toes to deal with the gas pedal and once on the freeway it's slightly rested. For the most part I have no trouble w/ heels only if they are 4.5" or higher. If I'm wearing heels that high I've got to be going somewhere special and my husband drives:love::tup:!

I usually drive in heels, I don't have any problems driving with them. Although some times when am wear wedges it get tricky cause I tend to press on the gas pedal harder, so I usually take them off to drive.

lol there was a car accident that was caused by a lady whose heel got jammed in between the brakes! wooops! personally, i drive barefooted! i realize i drive alot better without shoes though lol :graucho:

when i was preparing to get my driver's license my mom said that no matter what, i had to keep my shoes on to drive, and not adopt the bad habit of taking them off to drive. i spend at least 5 days a week in high heels, so i have no problem driving in heels; in fact i find that the heels help me keep my balance on the pedal.

you can readjust the distance of the seat from the steering wheel; some people find that the height of the heel makes it uncomfortable for them to position their legs. i think it boils down to training yourself to drive in ANY condition; if you were in an emergency you might not be able to have that time to take off and put on your shoes :P

I can drive in heels, its actually quite comfortable, but you ruin the back of the shoes so I always drive barefoot. My father is forever telling me this is illegal, but as with everything he says, I just ignore it. I can't believe he is right anyway!

I wear flat shoes/boots to drive. I could probably adapt to reaching the pedals with heels, but there's no need to. I tried to drive in heels once and I couldn't do it at all; it's very different than driving in flats.

Honestly, I've never thought about it. I even wore heels when I first learned to drive. I've just always been a heel person. I personally can't feel a difference between that and flats... only with flats, I just have to move my seat a bit closer. For what it's worth, I drive an Audi.