How in goodness name do you drive in Heels?

I'm the complete opposite, I have an awful time drving barefoot. Why would I be driving barefoot you ask? ...........b/c I'm coming home from a night out and my 4" stilleto's are killing me by this time so I take them off! :P

Angelie -- great thread.

There are shoes designed specifically just for driving - driving shoes.
A lot are tailored toward exotic sports cars and in those circles "driving shoes" are a staple. Piloti shoes are one of the popular brands, but there are many.

I have no problem driving a 5 speed in heels. I don't really like to as I don't want to mark up the heels but I don't find driving in them to be a problem. I cannot drive barefoot.

I guess I'm a pro at driving in heels! I can't offer any advice because I've honestly never even noticed a difference.

kissmyace108 said:
Its illegal to drive barefoot?!?!?! I didnt know that, I do it all the time!

haha, I hope not. I do this all the time after a night of heavy partying.

depends on the traffic laws of your state. in some places it's illegal, on others it's perfectly fine.

I drive barefoot and with my heels. If it's summer, I drive barefoot but I don't think it's that hard to drive in heels. I'm pretty short so it actually helps me a little bit to hit the gas. LoL.

when I started to drive at 16, I was the same, I always took off my shoes and drove barefoot or in sneakers. eventually one day I got over it, and now I don't see what's hard about driving in heels, and yes, I drive a stick shift. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.

You're just like my mom. She is always wearing heels. I don't think you'll ever find her in flats, actually.

I guess it just takes practice. I always drive in flats or barefoot if I'm wearing heels.

I think it depends somewhat on the car. I had a Chevy Malibu as a rental while my car was being fixed from a wreck, and I had trouble driving it in heels. The placement of the pedals was really uncomfortable. Come to think of it, the placement of most everything in that car was uncomfortable.

I absolutely can drive in heels even with a 5-speed. But, it really does damage your shoes. Either the back of the shoe gets scuffed or the heel is messed up. Yesterday, I had a heel break off of a really nice pair of shoe boots because it had been damaged while driving to work apparently! I am now looking for a pair of Tods driving shoes to keep in the car.

I drive an automatic, but I can drive in heels. But somedays, I just take them off and drive barefoot. CL's are the worst to drive in becase they are soo high. But I can still do it.:yes:

x

I've never even thought about it! I had no idea some people had trouble driving in heels. I've never had a problem with driving and footwear, and I've driven everything from a minivan (my mom's car when I was a teen), sedan, coupe and currently, a truck. I mostly only use my toes on the pedals and use the heel of the shoe (regardless of height) as a pivot. Never had an issue with scuffing either, since the carpet mats are pretty soft on shoes.

I do like driving barefoot though, cuz it's nice to take your shoes off once in a while, and I'm really tempted to get a pair of driving moccasins because they look so comfy.

I can drive in heels, but it depends on the car. For example, I can drive an automatic in heels with no problem, except worrying about having the heel of my shoe scuffed. But, driving a manual is different, particularly with low, cramped cars that force me to rest my foot on the back heel of my shoes. It's uncomfortable to drive because I just can't pivot my foot on the pedals in a 4" heel, and I worry I might break a heel.:sweatdrop:

These days, I am taking advantage of the flat trend and wearing those whenever I drive.