The Darjeeling Limited

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Three American brothers who have not spoken to each other in a year set off on a train voyage across India with a plan to find themselves and bond with each other -- to become brothers again like they used to be. Their "spiritual quest", however, veers rapidly off-course (due to events involving over-the-counter pain killers, Indian cough syrup, and pepper spray), and they eventually find themselves stranded alone in the middle of the desert with eleven suitcases designed by Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton - caitlin1214, a printer, and a laminating machine. At this moment, a new, unplanned journey suddenly begins.
(from imdb)

I liked it. I was always interested in seeing it. Especially now, since I wanted to show my support for Owen Wilson. When he first came on screen, I could hear people in the theatre whispering, "That's the guy that tried to kill himself." My first thought was, "God bless him."

I think that thought popped into everyone's head, but I think that throughout the movie, you forget about the actor and whatever he's dealing with and you focus on the character and the story.

At the very beginning during the movie, Adrien Brody's character is running after the train. He throws his two suitcases onboard before jumping on himself. I exclaimed (not too loudly) "Careful! Those are Louis Vuitton suitcases!"

(The luggage is this beautiful brown color. I personally could have done without the animals and palm trees, but they fit the characters and the movie. I found myself staring at them throughout the movie . . . )

According to the Elle Magazine piece, where I got the pictures from, the characters' suits were Louis Vuitton as well. And if you look closely at Owen Wilson's character's belt, it's the same calfskin and design as the luggage.

Elle article: http://www.elle.com/fashionreport/12005/louis-vuitton-luggage-for-darjeeling-limited.html

Attachments

• Window__5_57th_Street.jpg
    Window__5_57th_Street.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 092120071401123137.jpg
    092120071401123137.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 092120071401129808.jpg
    092120071401129808.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 092120071401103233.jpg
    092120071401103233.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 26
I haven't seen the new movie but I love the Royal Tenenbaums!! Is the Darjeeling Limited in wide release now? I haven't seen any more commercials for it. I guess I'll wait for it on DVD.

Hotel Chavelier was shown in the theater before TDL began. I'm no fan of Natalie, and didn't really care for the short...but I can see how it is valid to The Darjeeling Limited, and thought that that was an awesome movie! Really enjoyed it, and like all Wes Andersons stuff.

I'm surely going to watch this! I keep trying to give Wes Anderson a chance. So far, The Life Aquatic is what I consider his best. Haven't seen all of his films, though. Do you guys recommend this?

I'm surely going to watch this! I keep trying to give Wes Anderson a chance. So far, The Life Aquatic is what I consider his best. Haven't seen all of his films, though. Do you guys recommend this?

I reccomend it, especially if you like something that's gonna be different. I went with six people, half of us loved it and the other half didn't like it.