MJ Holiday 2007 Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
:happydance: MJ Holiday 2007 Random Acts of Kindness Gift Exchange :happydance:

What it is:
This program is similar to a "secret santa" gift exchange. You will be randomly assigned a buddy who you can send small gifts to through the postal mail this holiday season (November 1st to December 15th). You can send cards, sweets, trinkets, magazines, books, cosmetics, goodies, etc.; anything you think would be fun to brighten his/her day! You can even decorate the packages/envelopes using MJ themes. The goal is to perform a "random act of kindness" for another person!

Rules:
This program is for active tPF members who regularly post in the Marc Jacobs Forum only. If you would like to participate in this exchange, you will be expected to send three or more small gifts to your assigned buddy from November 1st to December 15th. You should not reveal your identity until the last gift to make it more exciting. You will be expected to post pictures of gifts you receive from your buddy in this thread for the enjoyment of other participants. Participants from any country may enter. You will be matched up with a buddy who agrees to send mail to your region. You should expect to spend around $75 on your assigned buddy over the course of one month. Obviously, you are not expected to send MJ merchandise as gifts!

How to participate:
1. PM me (Melly) your e-mail address, postal address, and full name. Please be sure I will not distribute your information to anyone except for your buddy and I will discard the information you send me after I match you up. Also specify if you are male or female, and your regional preference for your buddy (list countries you will mail to) or International OK if you have no preference. All entries must be received by October 28th to participate in this exchange!

2. I will e-mail you the information for your buddy by November 1st. You can research your buddy's preferences on tPF posts, or prepare to send them any fun gifts you think they will like. Participants are encouraged to use MJ themes to decorate the envelopes/packaging if possible. (Think ribbons, old MJ bags and boxes, magazine clippings, computer printouts, etc.)

3. Over the upcoming holiday season (November 1 to December 15, 2007), please send your buddy small gifts and/or cards for their enjoyment! If you notice a sad post by your buddy in the forum, maybe you want to cheer them up! Or if you see a happy post you can congratulate them. You may reveal your identity to them at the end of the exchange.

4. You will be receiving gifts from a different buddy in the mail! When you receive gifts from your buddy, please post pictures of them in this thread.

(Special thanks to stefania from the LV forum for allowing me to use and modify her RAOK Sign-up and Rules!)

Hi Melly,

Thanks for setting this up again and i want everyone to know how kind and sweet Melly is.

I participated on the previous RAOK which was a blast. I got a buddy that sent me a great gift but later one was unable to get in touch with for the second gift. Im not sure what happened to her, but i hope she is okay and everything is going well with her.

HOWEVER, our own sweet Melly sent me a gift which was totally sweet of her. She sent me beautiful flowers which i adore. Thank you so much for your kindess.. and here is a photo of them. They are so pretty in person. Thanks!!

I can't wait till the next RAOK and i just want Melly to know how much I appreciate her setting this up again!!

Picture001.jpg

Hi Melly,

Thanks for setting this up again and i want everyone to know how kind and sweet Melly is.

I participated on the previous RAOK which was a blast. I got a buddy that sent me a great gift but later one was unable to get in touch with for the second gift. Im not sure what happened to her, but i hope she is okay and everything is going well with her.

HOWEVER, our own sweet Melly sent me a gift which was totally sweet of her. She sent me beautiful flowers which i adore. Thank you so much for your kindess.. and here is a photo of them. They are so pretty in person. Thanks!!

I can't wait till the next RAOK and i just want Melly to know how much I appreciate her setting this up again!!

Picture001.jpg
Yay! I'm so glad you like them!!:yahoo:

I just sent questionnaires to everyone who has PMed me so far.

Is there anyone else who would like to participate? The deadline to apply is this Sunday, October 28th! :graucho:

Status
Not open for further replies.