Make My Day!

MyLuckyCharm

Daydreamer
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
Today was a long one... :sad: Nothing in particular happened to bum me out. But sometimes you just need a little something to keep you hangin in there! Shock me. Amuse me. Tell me SOMETHING different. A joke. A secret ;] A rant, by all means. I'll be here to listen.

My birthday's this Monday and I feel like there's nothing to look forward to. I miss the innocence of being a kid and living for your special day. There's nothing great about it anymore, it'll probably just be another day. I envy the kids whose friends go out of their way to remember their birthday and have balloons and candy ready for that day! Some even spell out 'Happy Birthday' with dirt in their parking space at their school/workplace. I don't think I'll have any of that. See the thing is, I have a million and one aquaintences and there's almost always someone to talk to, but I only have a few true friends. I think everyone's like that. But I'm not particularily close to anyone at my school per se. No one will be there to give a hoot about it. From a distance, I seem like one of the people who's always got it together. But I still feel lonely on the inside.

All I can say is, SAY HELLO to that person. Remember to call your girl friends back when you say you will. Smile at someone you don't know. Who knows how their day has been. Take the extra mile to invite that friend out to lunch. No matter how awkward it might be. You might not know them at first, but eventually you will. Little gestures like that really mean the most! And they might just MAKE SOMEONE'S DAY.

I'm sorry that I threw that out there like that. But I'm just sick of it. People don't care enough about other people. And for some of us it makes the world a very vulnerable place.

Wow this is so weird. I was having a conversation about that yesterday (or two days ago?) with my real best friend... after I came to realized that my other best friend was well, not exactly a good friend.

Thanks for this post, it's so true, we need to take care of the people around us and be good friends. Because people don't care enough about each other :sad:

I think my cat agrees, she just jumped on the keyboard out of nowhere :lol:

Happy early birthday! I know about the birthday bummer, 23 was what seemed like a meaningless number - what do I have left, 25? But let me tell you, 25 will be a rockin' party!

I agree with you.... sometimes I feel as if I put too much effort forward and get nothing in return. It sucks to be hurt all the time, but I'm a sucker for it.

anyway. Hope you feel better and have a great birthday week! :flowers:

Yeah, I mean, my point has only been proven with only one response to this post after a day. =/ Tsk tsk. I rest my case. It's so depressing.

I read your post, but I wasn't sure how to respond. Right now you've had 38 views, so I'm wondering if a lot of people thought the same thing I did.

It was hard for me to think of what to say, because your post seemed really negative. You mentioned that people don't take care of each other, etc., but you came across as wanting pity instead of positive reinforcement.

So please know that people WERE thinking about you, but weren't sure how to respond. You're only 18, you have your whole life ahead of you, don't let it pass you by.