Samples from Chanel?

loving_couture

Loving Couture
May 26, 2007
I read on other posts about Chanel make-up that some of you got Chanel samples.....how did you get those?

I often visit and buy Chanel make-up products but never got samples....maybe because im young,they think I won't buy that much from them.....I don't know but i would like to try other Chanel products,and i almost always get sold by other samples,especialy from Clinique.

:shrugs:

I got them from Saks when I went with my friend to buy perfume.. they gave me some eye and face cream, thank you for reminding me I didn't even look at them yet.

i think it really depends on the SA-some are great about giving samples, some aren't. my SA knows me and always gives me many samples, but even with a SA you don't know, you can always ask for samples if you aren't given any. just happen to mention at the end of your talk/purchase/whatever that you'd love to try X product-or that you're interest in products for X,Y,Z problem, do they have anything you can try.

I just tell them that my skin is REALLY sensitive and I dont feel comfortable buying without trying (this is true). They are usually are more than happy to give me samples of several products - usually enough to last a week or two

I just told the SA that I'd would like to try before buying and she went to get the samples for me and some others that I didn't ask for.

The SAs at the Chanel counter at Saks SF will usually sample you any new products that just launched. You can always ask for their recommendations for your skin and ask to try it out before you make a purchase. I've gotten sample eye cream, facial moisturizer, and other products that way.

i think it really depends on the SA-some are great about giving samples, some aren't. quote]

ITA :yes:

There's one lady at the Chanel counter at my local Macy's who lovessss me. I don't really know why. But whenever I buy anything she gives me a million samples. When I bought Chance perfume she gave me two of the rollerball minis and some packets of rectifiance. Other times I've asked different SAs for samples and they've looked me up and down and said "Um, we don't have any :blah:" That's usually when I walk away and order online.

Hum...well im sad to say,that the Chanel SA at Montreal Holt's ...is never too nice with me,but i always come like 1 or 2 hours before closing time so she must be tired,but still...the ones at The Bay are always nice.......but i love the cute mini Holt Renfrew shopping bag hahaha..

I always get skimpy samples at Chanel. Don't get me wrong, I love some of their products, but I don't know if I'm getting cheap SAs or not spending enough. If I'm lucky, I'll get a pinky-sized sample of face cream. Nothing more!!

I guess I might be spoiled by Clinique and Estee Lauder. They're always very generous with their samples. Or maybe it's 'cause my mom is a regular there.. oh well.

Always ask. I got an eye cream sample in June and it lasted me 4 months! I went to buy mascara the other day and the SA gave me 3 more eye cream samples (I asked). That's going to last me a whole year!

It depends on the SA. Just keep trying around until you find one that will give you some. I guess they get tired of people always asking for stuff but I buy a lot of stuff from samples I have tried. Good luck.