The Smell of Fresh Washing Detergent

MissyBaby

Sep 19, 2006
I work with a few people that always come into work smelling like they forgot to rinse their clothes out after they washed them with TIDE, that forgot to rinse the shampoo our of their hair and forgot to rinse the soap off of their bodies before getting out of the shower. I have to hold my breath when they walk past, otherwise, I'm a-gaggin like crazy. The smell is nice, it's just OVERPOWERING...makes me wonder how the customers handle it....whafting with the aroma of a King Cut Ribeye and Baked Potato.

UGH....I have a coworker that smells like Downey softener and it makes me sneeze! It's just awful.

I guess some people like the 'scent' but it's just too much for me and my sensitive nose.

Yeah me too. I know she means well, cause she smokes and I'm thinking she's thinking she's getting rid of the smoke and all that but I'm sitting over there with my nose red and running and my eyes swollen shut and my throat getting sore like "Girl...we ned to have a chat!" It's really rough.

Smells good when it's a small amount. We're talking like....pour the whole jug on the clothes, slam it in the dryer (forget water) and wearing it to work....REALLY strong. I like the fresh smell and all that, but this is TOO MUCH!

I think there are people who are highly sensitive to chemicals (DH is) and detergents, shampoos, perfumes affect them so much. Some people do go overboard in the amount of detergent they think they need to wash a load of clothes...... Then all the companies are coming up with really heavy smelling detergents---
It' has to be hard to work around people who smell (even if it is a good smell).

Ahhh... I LOVE the smell of detergent on clothes. Bleach too. I'm a weirdo.

haha I like the smell of bleach on my towels and on my sheets. It makes me feel like they've been cleaned really well! Everyone who sleeps in my guest room always says "at least I know the sheets are clean" lmao!

well, there are e-tailers from which one can purchase body products scented like brand name laundry detergents and softeners...let's hope, for your sake, MissyBaby, that these people haven't discovered these sites and decided to layer body lotion, body mist and fragrance over their aromatic clothing and hair. :sweatdrop: