Ebay scarf arrived but not exactly as advertised, what now?

Stophle

Loyal Browncoat
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
Hello everyone,

I hope this is the correct place to put this, I wasn't sure..

I recently purchased an Hermes (obviously) scarf off of eBay, called "La Fontaine de Bartholdi". I had the lovely ladies in the authentication thread tell me it was fine before I purchased it.

It's a lovely scarf, but here is my problem: the eBay listing said the border on the scarf was black, but it just came today and the border is clearly navy blue.

I know it seems like a small thing, but I was planning on wearing the scarf with black items when I start working, and I don't think navy blue goes with black, does it?

I am so disappointed, and I'm not sure what to do now. It's a lovely scarf, and I love the design, but a big part of why I liked it so much was the color combo of the red, black, and white.

What should I do? After I purchased this one, I bid and won another scarf called "Vive la Vent" that also features a navy blue colorway.

Here is the original listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...BSAA:US:11&Item=160155254705#ebayphotohosting

Your advice is greatly appreciated, I'm just so torn on this. *sigh*

Stophle,

I am really sorry to hear this. In my opinion, no, navy does not go with black. Yes, they say it's very Parisian to mix blue with black, but they must mean lighter blues, or there's just not enough Paris in me! ;)

Also, in my experience, a scarf that does not work very well with your wardrobe tend to sit in its box. I have purchased many scarves that are stunningly beautiful on their own (not hard when we are talking H scarves), and I thought I could MAKE them work. Well, when it comes to getting dressed in the morning, I always end up reaching for the others. You see, it's not that those scarves didn't work, they just didn't work nearly as well as the others.

Send it back. Since the seller described it as having a black border, you can open a dispute of "item not as described". Of course, you should first try to email the seller and try to work it out before resorting to official meassures.

I, on the other hand, love mixing navy with black (Tods, don't kill me!!). However, if you are not happy with it, contact the seller and explain, I am sure something can be worked out.

Do give it a spin with some of your things, you may be surprised....

If you still can't "Make it Work" then by all means, back it must go...That is a reputable seller, so hopefully the transaction can go smoothly.

It definitely is presented as black in the auction, no question about that.

I think the tag looks OK...

BTW, here is a shot of a tag off this scarf in another CW
from www.preciouscolors.com

La%20Fontaine%20de%20Bartholdi%201995%20black%20border%20label.jpg

If you don't like it, contact the seller to resolve the issue. If you really love the design, I'm sure you can make it work with something else.

Nothing wrong with the tag. This is an older version of H scarf.