CHANEL advice needed! picking between 3 bags...

supersueng

Sep 10, 2006
Hi ladies. I'm new here, and am looking to own my first Chanel. My mom is getting me one for my 21st birthday, and I'm having a REALLY hard time choosing!

So far I've narrowed it down to 2 choices - either the Large White Classic in Caviar leather, or the Large Black Classic in Caviar. I would like gold hardware for each.

However, I noticed Bloomingdale's is having their 15% off if you open up a new account. Called today, and all Bloomie's only have the Med. White Classic, Caviar Leather, but SILVER hardware.

What do you say? Go for the deal? Keep holding out?

P.S. would be really appreciative if anybody has seen the Large white classic w/GH, caviar leather, anywhere. THANKS EVERYONE!

if you've got your mind set on the gold hw you should keep looking...also in the size you really want. other stores do have the gold hw and some will also offer % off when you open a new account (i think saks is 10% off?). keep in mind also that the medium flap (i assume you are talking about the classic flap) has a double flap unlike the large/jumbo flap. good luck

for sure keep looking for the exact one you want even if others have discounts on them cuz trust me, if you don't get the one you want, you'll keep thinking about it and never be satisfied!

Bloomies in SCP has the Black Jumbo Caviar in gold hardware, also about the 15% off to open an acct. in person and offer expires on Sunday 9/16 as per my SA.

I would suggest the black jumbo in caviar since you can use it year round and it is already fall. You can open the account at your local Bloomies and have the SA have the one at SCP sent to you.:tup:

i think you should hold out for what you really want. try calling stores in other areas to see if they have the bag in stock. they can ship the bag to you and if it's in another state, you can save on tax :smile:

I think you should hold out for what you want. If you don't, you'll probably be sorry later. Nothing worse than buyer's remorse. Sometimes, I talk myself into things, and then later, I'm sorry for sure.

Note to self - stop impulse buying and think it through. LOL

I agree you should hold out for what you want. But I don't think the white caviar comes with gold hardware. I have only seen silver leather woven, or silver bijoux chain on white. And since fall is right around the corner, I'd consider black caviar with gold chain. And in case the bags are increasing later THIS month, get it soon before the price goes up.

thanks ladies. called my SA at the sf boutique...apparently i am delusional, and only the beverly hills boutique has it. he said it was worth a shot. THANKS for all your help! i'll keep you guys posted!