How Do You Protect the Bottom of Your Bags?

Jun 25, 2007
I just got a new bag a week ago and I've already noticed a couple of stains on the inside bottom of the bag. Do ya'll have any special techniques to prevent that from happening? Im thinking about maybe placing a papper towl in there.

Do you know what is causing the stains?

I have all my possible stain-makers in cosmetic bags, even pens. I had a HORRIBLE broken nail polish bottle accident years ago (I so miss that bag and I don't even know who made it) and ever since, if it can cause a mess/stain, it goes in a plastic bag. The outside of my bags is a real challenge though.

I have been using applegard spray (kind of like scotchguard) on my purses lately and I also spray the lining of the bag as well and that seems to help prevent marks and stains...lint is another story though. It's also best to keep items such as pens and makeup..or anything liquid really in a seperate little bag.

I have been using applegard spray (kind of like scotchguard) on my purses lately and I also spray the lining of the bag as well and that seems to help prevent marks and stains...lint is another story though. It's also best to keep items such as pens and makeup..or anything liquid really in a seperate little bag.

This sounds like a great idea. I do keep all cosmetics in a bag, but it's absolutely packed so sometimes it doesnt close all the way and things slip out. I know, that's my fault. I'm definately a pack-rat. I have to take everything and the kitchen sink with me.

Where do you get the appleguard?

I'm not sure where you live but you can find their products at Burlington Coat Factory. Their leather conditioner is also really good. If you don't have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, just type in "appleguard leather care" into a search engine and you should be able to find places that sell it online. You should also search appleguard under the purse forums here and you will find a lot of threads on the product.

I always keep things like pens, makeup and anything spillable in separate makeup bags to keep my handbags clean. I never put food or drinks in my handbag unless I have them in another plastic bag just in case.

It doesn't bother me as much if I accidentally stain a cloth bag as I can wash it, but I take great care of leather ones because once they're stained, they're stained :sad:

Yet another excellent reason to get a chameleon insert! Not to sound like a commercial for them or anything, but the inserts are great at organizing your stuff and they're like purses INSIDE your purse, so they also keep stuff from directly touching the bottom of your bag.

Yet another excellent reason to get a chameleon insert! Not to sound like a commercial for them or anything, but the inserts are great at organizing your stuff and they're like purses INSIDE your purse, so they also keep stuff from directly touching the bottom of your bag.

I was going to suggest this as well. Or a pursket. Both will organize your stuff and keep your purse clean. Hopefully these suggestions will help you (and your bag!!)

Good Luck!

I protect the outside of the bottom with either Wilson's or Appleguard spray.

I protect the inside of the bottom with a Chameleon insert, simply as pie.

Attachments

• Chameleon-out-2.JPG
    Chameleon-out-2.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Chameleon-inside-2.JPG
    Chameleon-inside-2.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,136