Sophie owners: how to take care of the signature plaque?

Congrats on your new bag! .. for me, I'm just as careful as I can be in trying not to let it get scratched. When not in use, I place it inside the dustbag.. There's not much more that I do.

I think eventually scratches are inevitable.

^^ Yup, I tottally agree.

I just recently got a Damier Sophie as well and was too worried about getting scratches on the plaque.

I took it out for the first time last week and came home to noticed some very light scratches here and there. :sad:

I treat my LVs like babies and I didn't put the Sophie on the floor or bang it against anything so I have no idea how they got there.

Therefore, I agree with girlsgottoshop .... the scratches are inevitable so just ENJOY IT. :tup:

Congrats on the new LV beauty!

Scratches are going to happen- just use the bag and be as careful as you can- but even then- scratches are going to happen- that applies to all brass hardware on LV's

Congrats- love the Sophie!

Right before I purschased mine in the store I noticed some smudges on the plaque and started to rub it with the dust bag and the SA freaked out and said that not even the dust bag is soft enough and will cause scratches! I think we just need to be as careful as possible. I wonder if it can be refinished down the road by a jeweler? Not sure...

Yep----scratches are inevitable! My new Berkeley, which I've only had 3 weeks, got her first scratches today and I haven't a clue how it happened. When I proceeded to wipe it with a cotton cloth, it only got more.
Oh well......it's just like getting a nick on a new car! The first always hurts the most! Might as well just enjoy it!:shrugs:

Yep, agreed that it is bound to have scratches, just enjoy carrying it.
But luckily the scratches are less prominent on shiny surface than matte surface. Has anyone tried polishing it though?